Escape From the Prison Planet

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Thanks, but no burnout pics from this porky b*tch. I think I might be falling in love. I really liked my old white Goldwing. It was a great bike in all respects but this Indian just does everything better. Its a lot more comfortable than I expected. I do think the Goldwing got more attention though in parking lots and at the gas station -- Which is fine by me. I actually prefer to be invisible/ignored.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
I somehow neglected to mention that my brother bought this thing a couple months ago. View attachment 96348

Some history if you aren't familiar with them.

His has had a ton of recent cosmetic and mechanical work done (including a 455 swap) so he's just sorting out some electrical stuff in the cabin. Very cool ride. He says it gets way more attention than he anticipated.
Olds powered! I thought so! UAV - Urban Assault Vehicle!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Yup. His is a '78 which originally had a 403. Cooler heads prevailed...455.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Imagine if they had paired this with the fuel-sipping 6.2L diesel. 50 gallons would have taken you a long way from home!

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
Those RV's were pretty cool. FWD making the floors much lower than other RV's, and OLDs powered from the Toronado IIRC. My aunt and Uncle had one for a few years and used to play in it when we would go visit

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
The bogey wheel on airbag setup in the rear is pretty clever too.
cheap-air-bag-system-1.jpg

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Kratos

Greasemonkey
Nov 7, 2017
Central Pa
Was supposed to go do some hill riding with a local buddy this morning but he bailed last minute. Did a little 125 mile loop to the lake instead.

Too on the nose?

Pretty much had the whole place to myself. On the 15 or so mile road along the lower Owyhee river up to the base of the dam I only passed 1 truck. There were quite a few fly fishermen out though. Didn't see a single boat on the lake and the campground was all but empty.

Stone corrals.

I filled up before I left and when I got back. Looks like I'm getting about 45mpg so it must not be too far out of tune. The rear-most pushrod tube is leaking a bit but other than that seems solid. I've got an appointment to get it looked over by a guy my dad knows who's pretty knowledgeable about these in a couple weeks to see if he sees anything I've missed that I should be concerned about. Long sentence is long.

All I can say is " WOW!!!!" that lake is beautiful and I am super jealous! Glad to see you are feeling better, good enough to endure 125 miles on the bike

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Thanks, man. Feeling pretty good. I actually had a bunch of work to do yesterday but blew it off to ride. Really glad I did.

That really is a beautiful lake with all the steep rock formations. It always strikes me as odd that it's never crowded there. Even a lot of locals seem unaware that it exists. Best kept secret in the northwest, I guess. Just to the west of the lake is where a lot of the desert riding pics I've posted in the past were taken.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Woohoo! I wasted another weekend and got almost nothing done! One of my wife's friends flew into town Friday so I was tour guiding Friday and Saturday. My project list really suffered.
Last time I rode the Indian it ran fine until the last stop sign. When I pulled away it fell flat on it's face and didn't really want to run much past 1/3 throttle. So this morning I rode over to my dad's shop and pulled the carb off and cleaned it. Found plenty of trash in the bottom of the bowl but big fat nugget plugging the main jet was the culprit. Honestly, I thought it ran pretty good but apparently it really needed the carb cleaned. Runs better than ever now at idle, cruise and WOT. Glad I broke it down.
Didn't even think to snap a pic of the filthy carb opened up, best you get is a bike down by the river.

When I was done I took the Vibe over and yanked the headlights for a quick polish job. 800, 1500, 3000, compound, polish. Should be a bit brighter at night without all the diffusion. If nothing else, it looks way better.

Then when I got home I did some tractor work. No pics because...who cares?

Reactions: 7 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor