Ever seen an "A" or "G" body gone to waist? Please share...Here is my recent experience.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
Over the past 5+ years, I have drove by this 1 or 2 acre lot everyday on my way to and from work. About 5 years ago I noticed someone had dropped off this 1978 or 79 Buick Regal Turbo Coupe at the back of this lot. I had my eyes on it every day as I would pass by, wondering what they are planing on doing with it, in hopes maybe it will be next to the road for sale. As time has passed and the weeds and brush have grown, the car is almost impossible to see now unless your looking for it passing by. I wanted to always just stop and look at it, but didn't ( no one was ever there). On my way home last night, the bordering property to that lot, I spotted a gentlemen getting out of his vehicle, so I stopped. I asked who owned the Buick and the lot, he informed me he did not know and has not seen anyone there in over 5 years! I asked if he would mind if I took a peek at the car, and he said "be my guest", so I did! After being attacked and hooked by 100's of thorn bushes, I FINALLY made my way to the Buick, doors wide open just siting there rotting. I was so discussed and saddened by what I saw, I never took any outside pictures of the car, but did take two of the interior. Thought I would share here, I'm sure there are plenty who will be saddened when they see these two pictures like I was, and still am. Anyone else want to share their stories or memories of seeing an "A" or "G" body ruined? Would love to read your experience!
1551447871383.png
1551447883588.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Can't be mad now, you should have saved it 5 years ago. Looks like a flood car to me.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
...hence, why I looked everyday to see if someone would be there to inquire about a purchase. I believe it had flooded at this particular lot.

Last edited:

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
It is always sad to see. Remember a pair of superbirds sitting there rotting away an driveway & owner wouldn't come off them.

A few years ago a friend got an 83 elky SS that sat in someone's backyard for I think 20 years or so. Was virtually dent free original paint. Rust from bottom up & inside out was so bad jacking up a corner for a minute changed the ways the doors closed afterwards. But it did serve me a purpose . I cut & hacked into the body in several spots to see how it was put together to help with my body mods I'm doing now. Was a meaningful funeral for it.

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
It is always sad to see. Remember a pair of superbirds sitting there rotting away an driveway & owner wouldn't come off them.

A few years ago a friend got an 83 elky SS that sat in someone's backyard for I think 20 years or so. Was virtually dent free original paint. Rust from bottom up & inside out was so bad jacking up a corner for a minute changed the ways the doors closed afterwards. But it did serve me a purpose . I cut & hacked into the body in several spots to see how it was put together to help with my body mods I'm doing now. Was a meaningful funeral for it.
...that's neat! Like a car autopsy !!

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Everytime I see one with hydraulics.
Or that cutlass I saw in a junkyard a few years ago. One day it was fine, next time it was just the roof, a pillars, half the floor the rear 1/4s and the trunk. There is also a regal at that yard EXACTLY like mine almost to a T. Only diff is it has a gold pinstripe, mine is silver. ****in sitting with the windows down as we speak. "We arent parting it, we're selling it hole". Pffffft. Been saying that for 3 years. Clearly no one wants it. It has manual windows afaik, no one even cares enough to roll em up. Or tarp it. Gonna be a racecar I guess with how ruined the inside is now.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Meh, people are funny. Some are in the, "I'm gunna reeestore that sumday" crowd. Some just don't care because old cars are just old junk they haven't gotten around to disposing of yet.
One of these days I'm going to drive around my little podunk town and snap some pics of the stuff just rotting away. I'd be shocked if 5% ever gets "saved" or sold.

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
Everytime I see one with hydraulics.
Or that cutlass I saw in a junkyard a few years ago. One day it was fine, next time it was just the roof, a pillars, half the floor the rear 1/4s and the trunk. There is also a regal at that yard EXACTLY like mine almost to a T. Only diff is it has a gold pinstripe, mine is silver. ****in sitting with the windows down as we speak. "We arent parting it, we're selling it hole". Pffffft. Been saying that for 3 years. Clearly no one wants it. It has manual windows afaik, no one even cares enough to roll em up. Or tarp it. Gonna be a racecar I guess with how ruined the inside is now.
Its truly a shame that some people would rather let something rot away or become ruined, than sell it to someone who wants to save it :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor