Exactly what a Donk is (with pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
86Limited said:
the 72 caprice and Impala are Identical other than the chrome trim, I realy don't know whats different other than an impala an caprice logo. Parts are looking Identical to the tee.

True. The Impala has generally just been a trim level of the Caprice.

cdg1984

G-Body Guru
Oct 18, 2009
Evansville IN
God damnit man, why the **** did you even bring this up. Usually someone asks a legitamite question about big wheels, and some *ssh*les start ripping on people because they think big wheels are hideous. Its ****ing retarded, personally I think enormous rims with lift kits on cars IS hideous, but im not going to start ripping on people because of it. I have my taste and you have yours. No one has done this for quite a while, so why did you feel the need to bring it back up? You know this is just going to get some big argument going.

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
cdg1984 said:
God damnit man, why the **** did you even bring this up. Usually someone asks a legitamite question about big wheels, and some *ssh*les start ripping on people because they think big wheels are hideous. Its ****ing retarded, personally I think enormous rims with lift kits on cars IS hideous, but im not going to start ripping on people because of it. I have my taste and you have yours. No one has done this for quite a while, so why did you feel the need to bring it back up? You know this is just going to get some big argument going.

Someone in another thread misused the term so I decided to once again help people understand what the term actually means in relation to cars. I'm not trying to argue with anyone, just tired of G-bodies being called Donks. That's like calling a Mustang GT a Crown Vic.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
I find it absolutely hilarious you guys get this upset over it. :lol:

cdg1984

G-Body Guru
Oct 18, 2009
Evansville IN
I know what youre saying. Thing is though that some people are always going to call them donks just as a way to describe cars with huge wheels. Even some people who have non donk cars with big wheels call them donks. Here in my town their is a cutlass with 26s for sale that the guy refered to as a "donk" on craigslist. Just saying, I dont think anyone will change their termonology.

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
FE3X CLONE said:
I find it absolutely hilarious you guys get this upset over it. :lol:

I find it ridiculously hilarious that guys are informed of the meaning of the term and continue to misuse it. :lol:

Qdub24 said:
To get back on track

Qdub24 said:
I'm tired of explaining and arguing with people over the definition of the word "donk". So here are pics of exactly what the word stands for:

1971 2dr Caprice
chevrolet-impala-1971-1.jpg

1971 4dr Caprice
chevrolet-impala-1971-2.jpg

1971 convertible Impala (aka "Vert")
1971-chevrolet-impala-pic-932.jpeg

1972 2dr Impala
1972_impala.jpg

1972 2dr Caprice
72caprice.jpg

1973 2dr Caprice
180.jpg

1973 2dr Impala
1973_Impala.jpg

1974 2dr Caprice
1974caprice.jpg

1974 Impala convertible (aka "Vert")
haysimpala.jpg

1975 2dr Caprice
53218336_pr.jpg

1975 2dr Impala
1975-chevrolet-impala-pic-42658.jpeg

1976 2dr Caprice
1976capriceclassic.jpg

1976 2dr Impala
1976-chevrolet-impala-smile.jpg

1976-chevrolet-impala-i-like-big-butts.jpg

All of the above are Donks, 1971-1976 Chevrolet Caprices & Impalas ONLY. You may have noticed that none of them are on big wheels. That's because the wheels have nothing to do with the term "donk"; it's a nickname for those specific vehicles. Now that I have given this class, hopefully you will take this knowledge that I've dropped on you today and share it w/those who can't read.

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
cdg1984 said:
I know what youre saying. Thing is though that some people are always going to call them donks just as a way to describe cars with huge wheels. Even some people who have non donk cars with big wheels call them donks. Here in my town their is a cutlass with 26s for sale that the guy refered to as a "donk" on craigslist. Just saying, I dont think anyone will change their termonology.

You should be a good neighbor and inform him of his wrong-doing. Go out and teach those who do not know any better. Would you correct a person who continually calls a Monte Carlo SS a GNX? Or who calls a 422 a Malibu? I'm just saying......

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
:roll: here we go again :roll: all I ask is to try and keep it civil or I'll have to lock it down yet again...

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
i like how this guys face is his rear rim:
1975-chevrolet-impala-pic-42658.jpeg

breeaad

Greasemonkey
Jun 4, 2009
Hendersonville Tennessee
86Limited said:
the 72 caprice and Impala are Identical other than the chrome trim, I realy don't know whats different other than an impala an caprice logo. Parts are looking Identical to the tee.

The term Donk comes from the fact that the Impala logo on these year cars resembles a donkey. That's why it only applies to these years and to the Impala only, and not the Caprice. I think a few people on here getting upset about this should be named after the donkey's cousin, the jack-*ss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor