Exactly what a Donk is (with pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
OK, so I I put a fart cannon, big huge wing, some vtec stickers, a stick on hood scoop, etc. My car would then be considered 'rice'. And I also hope someone would shoot me.

It's not about the car, it's about the style.

And anything that has those goofy, over sized, lift kit requiring, wagon wheels goes in the 'donk' category.

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
Phoenyx said:
OK, so I I put a fart cannon, big huge wing, some vtec stickers, a stick on hood scoop, etc. My car would then be considered 'rice'. And I also hope someone would shoot me.

It's not about the car, it's about the style.

And anything that has those goofy, over sized, lift kit requiring, wagon wheels goes in the 'donk' category.

Incorrect. When it comes to donks: It's not about the style, it's about a specific vehicle.
A ricer is not a specific car, it is a car w/specific styling. A donk is a specific car, not a car style. What is so difficult to comprehend about that?

79loserbluebu

G-Body Guru
May 9, 2009
Illinois
FE3X CLONE said:
I find it absolutely hilarious you guys get this upset over it. :lol:

I know right? There's a guy at work with an 86' Impala on 24's. The car looks nice. It's not my style but it's nice. I told him straight up I don't like big wheels on cars, and he took it with a grain of salt. People will always hate on your style somewhere in the world. Just get over it already. People call my 79' Malibu a muscle car, but it was a 79' Malibu bench seat column shift 4.4L dog until I got ahold of it.

Qdub24 said:
Incorrect. When it comes to donks: It's not about the style, it's about a specific vehicle.
A ricer is not a specific car, it is a car w/specific styling. A donk is a specific car, not a car style. What is so difficult to comprehend about that?

So what do you call an Audi S4 with a busted body kit, a big spoiler, and pretty neons all over the car?

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
79loserbluebu said:
So what do you call an Audi S4 with a busted body kit, a big spoiler, and pretty neons all over the car?

The dudes I know would call it a Euro.

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Qdub24 said:

But things change and evolve over time. And the first thing 90% of us think when we see big wheels and a lift is dink. Like it ir not, that's just the way it is.

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
i think that people get too worked up about the terminology, it doesn't matter

79elky454ss

Greasemonkey
Sep 30, 2007
ohio
breeaad said:
86Limited said:
the 72 caprice and Impala are Identical other than the chrome trim, I realy don't know whats different other than an impala an caprice logo. Parts are looking Identical to the tee.

The term Donk comes from the fact that the Impala logo on these year cars resembles a donkey. That's why it only applies to these years and to the Impala only, and not the Caprice. I think a few people on here getting upset about this should be named after the donkey's cousin, the jack-*ss.
X2 That's my understanding as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor