exhaust cutouts? gains, pros / cons?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DROLDS84

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2015
Northern Indiana
I have had them on a few cars but never could justify spending money on the electric ones.Picked up maybe a tenth in the 1/4 with no real proof it was the dumps.I do really like to uncork them on the way home from work though!

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
I had read somewhere that you should draw a line with a crayon, where the crayon stops melting is where the cutout should go. I would research that though. I have electric cutouts strictly for the noise. I put them before the X pipe as I think the X absorbs the cackle.
that crayon theory applies to crossover placement.albeit some floor pan/chassis configurations only give you so much room for placement.

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
I quickly grew out of the crossover flavor of the month setup after the first time I had to remove a transmission with an H-pipe exhaust. Individual pipes for me on each side.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor