Exhaust fitting help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

carmangary

G-Body Guru
Oct 13, 2009
I have this cat and need something that will match that ball shaped flange on the left. I am not sure what to ask for or what it would look like. Any help would be appreciated in figuring out what I need to buy. I have welder so I just need a piece that will fit and I will weld it to the rest of the tailpipe. Thanks.

Good car parts stores have it. I also went to a muffler shop and they made one for me on the spot-$25. Be sure to get the pieces that bolt it to the cat. Some bolt right to the cat, some clamp the two pipes just before the cat.

Flowmaster sells kits but they are a bit pricey. I used them and cut the 3-bolt flanges off my headers and installed the ball flanges instead.

The ball shaped end goes to a cup shaped pipe end that you weld onto your existing pipe, and is bolted together along with the trans hanger. That square piece on the other end is probably for a different application. The fact that the ASP tube is pointing that way would say to me that is probably the front end. Is that how the original was?

It isn't exactly the same as the original but close. That ball isn't the same. It's similar but to large for the mating exhaust pipe that is on the car. I'll see what I can find this weekend and worst case I will cut the ball off and weld something else on there.

If you cannot find one a shop can make one. Just carry the cat along so they can match it up. Of course that's so you can have a serviceable exhaust system. I just weld it all together and if it needs to come apart, I use a cut-off wheel, but that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor