exhaust location

Status
Not open for further replies.

my85gp

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 26, 2007
London
just curious to know where and how you guys run your dual exhaust. I was thinking about running true dual and getting a notched crossmember and exiting in front of the rear wheels, or grand national style. Or just a Y-pipe and same locations for the tips. Any pics would be welcomed.

thanks guys

Cole

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 28, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
If you run headers, a notched crossmember is not essential for duals. You can bend the exhaust under the driver side without much danger of scraping the ground with stock suspension. That's how I set up my 83 Monte. It exited infront of the wheels. Cost about $100. Sorry don't have pics

MonteMan1987

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 24, 2007
Hudson MA
you can get a double hump crossmember from g-force for around 200 bucks. they are really nice, great quality. im running a header back true dual 3inch and it fits real nice. If 200 is out of your budget, i believe jegs makes a double hump crossmember for th350 trans. I wouldnt recommend running the pipe under the crossmember or around it will cause flow delfection

Cole

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 28, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
I don't see how running under the crossmember would cause any more flow deflection than the huge bend needed to get over the rear axle. As long as you don't kink the tubing, it shouldn't make much difference. Running a Y pipe or cat(s) would be a way bigger restriction.

I guess it's all about how much $ you have. If you have plenty to spare, get the crossmember. If nothing else it will look good and save time.

MonteMan1987

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 24, 2007
Hudson MA
sorry i ment if you ran both pipes under the one hump in the stock crossmember. I used to have mine like that, then i had a buddy bend it under the crossmember, the only prob i had was speed bumps, it would rub. so eventually i bought the g-force one

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor