exhaust manifold

glenny49

n00b
Aug 29, 2023
The factory setup on the monte carlos, all of them as far as i know, in regards to the exhaust manifold on the passenger side includes a manifold stove that is used to direct heat into the air intake of the air cleaner, to prevent icing in the throat of the carburetor when weather conditions are right. I once had a Ford Ranger pickup that gave me fits when the temperature would be around 32 degrees fahrenheit and plenty damp out only to find out the truck didn't have a manifold stove to prevent icing. My question is that I see lots of montes for sale that have used an Edelbrock carburetor with an Edelbrock air cleaner that no longer uses the manifold stove, is that why they are for sale because they can't make them run right when weather conditions are such or is the Edelbrock carburetor over and above this kind of problem.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor