Exhaust System for Olds 307 Vin 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
Yes the valve goes between the manifold and crossover. You need a gasket for this too. The valve is operated by engine vacuum through a TVS in the rear of the intake manifold. When the car is cold, the valve is shut which backs up the exhaust to warm the carb up quicker. After it warms up the valve stays open to allow the exhaust through the crossover.

Look at your emissions decal. It shows how it's set up.

T.Wagner

Apprentice
Jan 23, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Yes the valve goes between the manifold and crossover. You need a gasket for this too. The valve is operated by engine vacuum through a TVS in the rear of the intake manifold. When the car is cold, the valve is shut which backs up the exhaust to warm the carb up quicker. After it warms up the valve stays open to allow the exhaust through the crossover.

Look at your emissions decal. It shows how it's set up.

Nice, thanks!

I took a look at the car today and luckily I have the TVS there, it's just not hooked up because I have headers. So all I need to buy is the heat riser and figure out how to hook it all up. I just got the correct service manual for my car and I do have the emissions decal so it should be easy enough to do.

Then the last thing I'm still looking for is that manifold shroud. I'll probably go dig through more junkyards next weekend to see what I can find.

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
Here's a pic of the whole setup minus the TVS.

Attachments

• IMG_20150211_042152856.jpg
    IMG_20150211_042152856.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 213
  • Useful
Reactions: 1 user

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
Click on the pic for better view. My pointer finger is pointing to the part that plugs into the TVS ( which is installed on the rear drivers side corner of the intake and yes you should have the that threaded port on your Edel intake ).

The tab with the hole in it on the steel line is where its secured with a screw on the bracket which contains that black box. The vac line plugs into any full vacuum source but your decal should show you how it was done from the factory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor