Exhaust system re-routing

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigalturk1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 27, 2012
Florida
As you know, 1978 - 87 G bodies (Like my 85' El Camino) have the muffler sideways at the rear of the car.
It has dual pipes thinking that its dual exhaust, but it's only two exits out of one muffler. Does anyone sell "True" dual exhausts?
Has anyone in this group made one for their car yet?...Any photos?

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
I got a true dual exhaust from Flowmaster. Theres tons of true dual exhaust for our cars. Pypes, Magnaflow, Summit, etc ...

motorholmes

Master Mechanic
Oct 1, 2007
I just got a header back-no muffler set from Jegs for $165, but I don't remember if the Elky was listed or not. I know the cutlass was excluded for some reason

motorholmes

Master Mechanic
Oct 1, 2007
bigalturk1 said:
Any photos?

:lol: :lol: Yeah I have a photo!
001-1.jpg

It seems to be a nice set. Mandrel bent pipe with all kinds of clamps and hangar stuff that I won't probably use. I got the rear exit style, but I know the corner style is out there too

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Stock Monte Carlo SS exhaust are a split system, two pipes come from the engine into a single cat converter, then come back out of the cat and splints into two pipes again with dual mufflers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor