Eyeballing a Safari Wagon w/woodgrain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
I've noticed this car for sale for quite awhile and I'm tempted to look into it. It has a 301 in it too. 20 years ago you couldn't pay me to drive anything with wood grain. I think it would look good lowered with some wheels like the one's on my GP....which still isn't done btw.
safari wagon.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Grab it! Retro-cool! Lowered with tasteful 16-18" rims, that would look awesome. Talk about a wolf in sheeps' clothing...

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I've seen that particular one on CL up in Massachusetts. It looks like a nice, straight, complete car.
I think the asking price was very reasonable, too. In fact, I did consider buying it and shipping it home.

I saw a pic of a Malibu woodgrain wagon once with a set of American Saltflats on it, it looked killer.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
I say swoop it! If it eventually gets the hardwork and dedication you have\are doing to your gp then it will indeed be well worth it!!!Love the woodgrain! I had some old two brothers that own a steel yard that I pick up steel from that have the exact twin to this car(but they have rallies on it)!!! They tried there hardest to get me to trade my 86 elco for it,but just couldn't do it,especially being that the rear windows don't roll down!?!?they really give me sh*t about my 95 ex accord wagon,lol. Just not into gbody wagons.there wagon only has 57,000 og miles on the 301.I'll get some pics when I'm out there way,as I need some steel for my 95 s10 and 00 extreme blazer I traded for the elco! Lol they are really gonna be on one when they find this on!

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
I've seen that particular one on CL up in Massachusetts. It looks like a nice, straight, complete car.
I think the asking price was very reasonable, too. In fact, I did consider buying it and shipping it home.

I saw a pic of a Malibu woodgrain wagon once with a set of American Saltflats on it, it looked killer.

Yep that's the one in MA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor