F body seats in Regal

Status
Not open for further replies.

85Frankencar

Greasemonkey
May 17, 2010
Indy
What's up everyone - sorry, I know this topic has been talked to death, but I need some help - I got a '94 Camaro passenger seat and bolted up the g-body tracks no problem - only to find out it was too narrow when I tried to put them in the car- has anyone else had problems? Everything I read has said they'll bolt in no problem, but mine don't line up ....thoughts anyone? Were the tracks modified somehow before installing or are Regal seat brackets the exception? Thanks in advance...I've been thinking of making metal brackets to adapt to the gbody rails, any opinions on thickness? Here's a pic, sorry its crappy, taken from my phone...the bolts are lined up on the left side, but not on the right...

*Edit: Originally had 60/40 bench seats

Attachments

• 568922766_2018191050_0(copy).jpg
    568922766_2018191050_0(copy).jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 1,102

82gbody

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 22, 2010
i believe you need bucket seat tracks for a g-body that's what i did on my cutlass and they fit no problem

Clutch_Grabwell

Greasemonkey
Jun 5, 2007
Millbury, Mass.
85Frankencar said:
*Edit: Originally had 60/40 bench seats
This is probably the issue. Try finding a set of bucket seat tracks to bolt to your Camaro seats. I ran into a similar problem on my Monte when trying to bolt a bucket seat to a set of 60/40 power tracks and it wouldn't fit. There's apparently a width difference between bucket tracks and (some if not all) 60/40 tracks.

85Frankencar

Greasemonkey
May 17, 2010
Indy
Thanks for the input guys - I may look for some g-body buckets, but I didn't see a whole lot of g-bodys at the junkyard last time I went...I think I'm just going to fab up some brackets

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
I put seats from a 92 Camaro in my 83 Cutlass which originally had the 60/40 bench seats. All I did was swap the seat brackets over my bench seat to the buckets and bolted 'em right in. Both seat's brackets missed one of the rear bolts by a little, but I still tightened the nut down over the edge of the brackets and they've held up just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor