F41 and aftermarket bracing diagrams (MORE pics added)

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
can the frame rails not be boxed in?
I think somewhere in this thread UMI posted that they haven't boxed the frame on their Green Machine autocross car, with no visible signs of distress after several seasons of track use. Just their braces are installed on the car.

Reactions: 1 users

Jim hopper

Apprentice
Mar 29, 2017
All this bracing talk got me to thinking.

A few hours later this is what I made up.

Frame with "stock" and aftermarket bracing:
Copyof1979frame-2.png

GM body braces, forgot to make a legend on this one:
CopyofCopyofAAAAAAA.jpg

Now the tuff one to do, overlay:
CopyofAAAAAAAA.jpg

Hope you enjoy.
Thats nice but i bout the car all dune it was a race car that i am converting to street strip now but I believe its all dune thanks

ed1948

Royal Smart Person
Aug 6, 2016
Quinte West, Ontario
Re: DIY rear frame brace - I would like to see an 'as installed pic' please. Not too heavy?

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
Re: DIY rear frame brace - I would like to see an 'as installed pic' please. Not too heavy?
I'm sorry this is the only picture i have of it installed.it's not very heavy,it's only 1/8 wall.
please disregard the rust pipe under the car :)

Reactions: 1 users
G-Body Performance Upgrades

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck ConsolesDixie Restoration DepotMike's MontesP-S-TSouthside Machine PerformanceUMI Performance

ContactAdmin@GBodyForum.comfor info on becoming a sponsor