Status
Not open for further replies.

Harley_Earl

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 26, 2006
Mexico
Hi guys, I just came back here!! Here some pics of my car and dad's cars:

Mine: 1980 Malibu Classic coupe:

350 "Goodwrench" (hecho en Mexico engine) with unknown hp (some say 190 other guys say 260), edelbrock 1406 performer carburetor, TH 350, Danna 44 8 bolts, and in agreement with its original itemized bill, police brakes, radiator and suspension.

Here with chrommed rings, currently he has a set of wirewheel covers (I like the classic look) I'll take a picture for you tomorrow:

DCP_0014.jpg

Here with a bad edited atari license plate

malibucoupe008.jpg

I know, I need a new dash pad, anybody has a console with disccount price??

malibucoupe006.jpg

Harley_Earl

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 26, 2006
Mexico
Dad's car Number one: 81 Malibu Classic sedan: 350 Goodwrench as mine but, with its Quadrajet carb, TH 350, full options and we are totally sure, this car was the expensivest Malibu available in this country:

Malibu81_cc005.jpg

Malibu81_cc007.jpg

Dad's car, mine, and dad's 64 chevy:

malibuso_b.jpg

Engine:
Malibu81_cc010-1.jpg

Harley_Earl

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 26, 2006
Mexico
Finally: Dad's car number two: Ex daily driver, now retired.

I used to arrive to elementary school on this car: A base model 81 Malibu sedan named here Chevelle, has an economizer 250 L6, yes you read well, and a three speed manual trans, as slow as a bug, but with an amazing milleage.

malibu81003.jpg

My father bought the sport wheel covers in mid 90's, the car came with a kind of chrommed bowl center covers, as police cars in US I think.

malibu81007.jpg

Simple, but nice interior

malibu81008.jpg

I hope you liked my photos I'll upload more of other family cars later. Grettings.

Vern

Master Mechanic
Jul 23, 2007
Dayton, OH
Nice pics. You going to power that 2 door up a bit. Headers & gears will bring the bang for the buck. S-10 pick up truck gears from a salvage yard maybe.

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
yaya losts of malibus!!!!! welcome great cars you have their

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
Is that a column stick shift? I never knew they made them!

Uncletruck

Master Mechanic
Apr 22, 2007
Erie, PA
They got some interesting G's down in Mexico during their time. That L6 one especially as there were never any A/G bodies built for the USA that had any type of inline engine. The '79 B body Chevy Impala was I believe the last GM car in the USA to have an inline 6 as the "base" engine. Manual trannies on A/G's are also rare finds in the USA.

-UT-

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor