FAQ: How 2 Convert your OEM headlight to composite with pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

bawazir

Master Mechanic
Sep 10, 2010
Hi guys,
I have been receiving lots of pm's from members asking me how to convert to a composite headlight, instated of pm each person i thought i start a thread with pics, it shows how easy to install one, This conversion require a bumper removal,,

First:
You need to go 2 you local junk yard and grab your self a Chevy Celebrity headlight with buckets and brackets,, or you could buy it from me i have 3 pairs left..
Remember guys Headlight worth NOTHING! without the bucket & brackets,, you can't even install them right without them.. so make sure to get the headlight with the buckets & brackets attached, it make your job much easier. and plus you could adjust or align your headlight beam . Buy all the stuff ones and do it right,,
IMG_0259.jpg

2nd:
You need to make 2 L bracket to make this work attach it to a nice sheet metal,

3rd:
You need to remove the black border rubber piece that go around the headlight

4th:
Blot them together tight

Here some pics:

Right side L bracket:
IMG_0047-1.jpg

Left side L bracket:
IMG_0049-1.jpg

Sheet metal from Home depot:
IMG_0048-1.jpg

final finish:
IMG_0050-1.jpg

IMG_0060-1.jpg

Finally: install the bumper back, and now you got your self one bad asss looking G body..
I hope this info helped you guys, and hopfully will see more G body with Composite Headlight

Let me know what u guys think?

kuruption109

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 28, 2008
highland, CA
Re: FAQ: How 2 Convert your OEM headlight to composite with

pics with a header panel on it? this is the first time ive seen the lights installed this way

bawazir

Master Mechanic
Sep 10, 2010

kuruption109 said:
pics with a header panel on it? this is the first time ive seen the lights installed this way

what is the other way to install those ?? i am interested to know

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010

finally!!! someone with the know-how and decentcy to post some in depth details on this much wanted modification!!! THANK YOU. may pm you later to get some measurements.i think kurruption was talking about using other headlights(caprice).i have these celebrity lights and also the caprice headlights,because i know you can use both.peeps was sposed to get back at me with the install process for a set of the 87-90 caprice lights,but to no avail :( didnt want to install these celebs because ive heard there is a gap around them when installed?? any pics of the header installed would be GGGRRREEEAT!!! and with your method of install,do they sit flush with the header or back a bit? as i know the caprice ones sit flush.thanks tremendously!

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010

oh yeah wanted to see what you have installed these in? looks like a monte to me,im trying to get mine in my 86 elco? any tips for the trim bezel? shaving,trimming,and sort.

bawazir

Master Mechanic
Sep 10, 2010

L.A.X-RATED said:
finally!!! someone with the know-how and decentcy to post some in depth details on this much wanted modification!!! THANK YOU. may pm you later to get some measurements.i think kurruption was talking about using other headlights(caprice).i have these celebrity lights and also the caprice headlights,because i know you can use both.peeps was sposed to get back at me with the install process for a set of the 87-90 caprice lights,but to no avail :( didnt want to install these celebs because ive heard there is a gap around them when installed?? any pics of the header installed would be GGGRRREEEAT!!! and with your method of install,do they sit flush with the header or back a bit? as i know the caprice ones sit flush.thanks tremendously!

Thanks buddy,
The headlight sit just nice and flush, it almost look stock, but in order to have that flush look you need to remove the black trimming that came with celebrity headlight , as far the caprice headlight i think there to big and they would not even fit on a choo choo or maby monte carlo ss bumpers,

I will post more pics after my car is done,, as you know my car still in the body shop for a complete paint job, here is linky if you missed it:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=22353

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010

could you possibly send me pm me some measurements as to the bends and length of the sheetmetal fabbing? thanks again

bawazir

Master Mechanic
Sep 10, 2010

L.A.X-RATED said:
oh yeah wanted to see what you have installed these in? looks like a monte to me,im trying to get mine in my 86 elco? any tips for the trim bezel? shaving,trimming,and sort.

those modification you see are for an 87 el camino choo choo, that what i own :wink:

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010

yeah see i have the regular 86 4 headlight configuration with chrome bezels?

bawazir

Master Mechanic
Sep 10, 2010

L.A.X-RATED said:

what kind el camino front end you have ?? choo choo or ss stock ,

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor