Fast burn heads torque specs

Status
Not open for further replies.

V8 Rumble

Royal Smart Person
Jan 7, 2010
Connecticut
I have a set of gm performance fast burn heads and can't find a solid answer from my searching. I get from 50 to 65 lbs up to 75 lbs. These are aluminum and I am using the chevy performance recommended bolts for the heads.

Anyone have any info on the specs for these heads?

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
As tight as the impact will go LOL ....

25-35-45-55-then finish at 65 lbs. Criss cross pattern from middle and working your way out was the way I was shown for all GM heads alum or not.

My VP motor scared me. It was torque to 90lbs base then torque to yield another 1/4 turn. Those bolts made some really wrong sounds but never snapped

V8 Rumble

Royal Smart Person
Jan 7, 2010
Connecticut
I'm not sure if your heads are the same part number as on this engine....

http://hesstonspeedway.com/wp-content/uploads/2015-gm-ct400-19318604-specs.pdf

Perfect! Exactly it! Those are the ones I have. Mine are the older ones which had LT4 springs instead of the newer beehive springs but otherwise the same.

Thank you for that info. I'm going to start the assembling my rotating assembly and hopefully have the engine done tomorrow if I attack it from early morning.

As tight as the impact will go LOL ....

25-35-45-55-then finish at 65 lbs. Criss cross pattern from middle and working your way out was the way I was shown for all GM heads alum or not.

My VP motor scared me. It was torque to 90lbs base then torque to yield another 1/4 turn. Those bolts made some really wrong sounds but never snapped

Tightening it up in increments is the way to go!

Thank you guys for the links and info.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Perfect! Exactly it! Those are the ones I have. Mine are the older ones which had LT4 springs instead of the newer beehive springs but otherwise the same.

Thank you for that info. I'm going to start the assembling my rotating assembly and hopefully have the engine done tomorrow if I attack it from early morning.

Tightening it up in increments is the way to go!

Thank you guys for the links and info.

those are the heads that come on 604 crates we ran in a sportsman. We had the old spring and never did the upgrade to the behive springs. We had the car to beat on the track so we never bothered to change the springs and the engine ran 6400 rpm all night long. I run the same roller cam shaft that's is in that 604 and it works real nice with my vortec heads. I'm looking for a pair of the aluminum heads

V8 Rumble

Royal Smart Person
Jan 7, 2010
Connecticut
I've read a lot of good things about them. I just bought the original springs that came with them. The guy I got then from had put in some pretty tight springs.

I can't wait to put then on. I just picked up and eddy 7116 rpm manifold since my regular sbc manifold didn't come close to matching up.

I also got them with the gmpp roller rockers

I've cleaned them up since this pic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor