Favorite Parts Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use Carquest as much as possible,the counter guys there give me my buddy's shop price,which is quite a discount over full retail 😀
For performance stuff,its either Summit Racing,our local machine/performance shop,A&J Armstrongs,and I have got my valvetrain stuff,(Isky EZ Roll lifters,Manton Series 5 pushrods and Jesel shaft arms), from Mike "Wolfplace" Lewis in California.
Guy

Almost forgot,my heads came from Tony Barker Racing in Mississippi,and the cam was from UDHarold !!
Guy

shop called TNT raceshop about 6 miles from my house. really quick and mostly knowladgable.

Dennyboy said:
shop called TNT raceshop about 6 miles from my house. really quick and mostly knowladgable.

Lucky! If that's the TNT that John(5Door) works at.

As far as canadian stuff, where I used to work their parts guy opened his own store, and its by far the cheapest around.

I bought a tie rod the other day for $12.50, altho it wasnt a delco. AC delco ball joints for g bodys were $15, 8 AC delco sbc plugs came to $20 and change with tax etc.

He can get alot of after market stuff, rims, tires, body panels, lights etc, as well as anything a normal parts store would have.

Edit: Forgot the name of the store figures :roll:

Its auto know parts in port colborne ontario

Carquest in Llano, Texas for me.
Every year I take a vacation in Llano and always have a shopping list for parts for myself and friends in England for a variety of American cars.
Denise, the manager always makes sure I have exactly what I need and has tracked down obscure hard to find parts for me, one time she managed to locate a distributor for a 290 AMC and get it to her store in 2 days.
I usually get a discount as well.
I have tried other parts stores in the area, some can beat her on price but for good customer service she is #1.

Roger.

It depends what I need, how fast I need it and the best price for me.

I usually prefer Advance Auto for anything local but it seems like the people they've been hiring lately are complete rocks.
I don't like Autozone at all. Every store of theirs I've been to looks like the entrance of a Pick N Pull. They just look dirty to me. I'm not 100% sold on O'Reilly's yet either.

I like Rock Auto when it's something I don't need right away...as long as the shipping and price don't exceed the local spots.

Specialty parts, usually Summit or Jegs.

Machine shop, Empire Crankshafts in Elk Grove Village, Illinois. Ran by good guys that know what their doing and the prices are right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor