Fellow New Yorker's, looks like the party might over for us

Status
Not open for further replies.

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
No one says joisey.... that is from the NYC crowd.... we say jerzey😉
My family is originally from Hudson county, so some have a heavy accent. My one uncle moved to Maine years ago. He now has a combination New England, Hudson county accent. Sounds ridiculous. For those that don’t know, the Hudson county accent is what you think the whole state sounds like.

Reactions: 1 user

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY

• Haha

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
My family is originally from Hudson county, so some have a heavy accent. My one uncle moved to Maine years ago. He now has a combination New England, Hudson county accent. Sounds ridiculous. For those that don’t know, the Hudson county accent is what you think the whole state sounds like.

I am from South NJ where the accent is pretty light and sounds like a generic mid Atlantic/ Philly accent. A few years ago on vacation in another state I ran into another family from North NJ. They could not believe I was from NJ too because our accents were so different. I assume they must not have traveled down to South NJ often either to know.

A little back on topic, I can understand the reason behind this new law. Even out in the country area we ard getting an increasing influx of Ricers with loud exhausts and crappy tunes being obnoxious. Some sound like they are about to blow apart at any second. Perhaps instead of passing new sound laws, NY could just better enforce their existing emission laws? Currently new cars in many states are not inspected until they are 7 years old. So someone with a fairly new car can rip out the emission systems and load a poor tune and be safe for up to 7 years. By then their car will be old and they would want a newer one again. If the state went back to inspecting new cars every 2 years, it should cut down on the noise problem.

Last edited:

vandyman

Apprentice
Jul 16, 2017
I am from South NJ where the accent is pretty light and sounds like a generic mid Atlantic/ Philly accent. A few years ago on vacation in another state I ran into another family from North NJ. They could not believe I was from NJ too because our accents were so different. I assume they must not have traveled down to South NJ often either to know.

A little back on topic, I can understand the reason behind this new law. Even out in the country area we ard getting an increasing influx of Ricers with loud exhausts and crappy tunes being obnoxious. Some sound like they are about to blow apart at any second. Perhaps instead of passing new sound laws, NY could just better enforce their existing emission laws? Currently new cars in many states are not inspected until they are 7 years old. So someone with a fairly new car can rip out the emission systems and load a poor tune and be safe for up to 7 years. By then their car will be old and they would want a newer one again. If the state went back to inspecting new cars every 2 years, it should cut down on the noise problem.
I am from and born in S Jersey. Monroe Township.
When I use an ATM and there are people in line to use it. I always ask when choosing the language, where is the South Jersey language. Good for a laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor