Fiberglass hood adjustment

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bad79

Royal Smart Person
Dec 3, 2011
Allendale mi
IMG_0407.JPG IMG_0408.JPG IMG_0409.JPG IMG_0410.JPG
So here's how my vfn hood came out I loosened the front clip at the radiator support removed the hood latch I had to slot my hinges latch support and safety catch then loosely bolted it on and tightened from the wheel well area( I have the driver side out) then adjusted the stops close installed the latch and got it as close as I could the spring I got from the hardware store it's attached with a compression plug and finished off with a rubber bump cover it was like 9.00 bucks worth of stuff from the store to make that

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

1bad79

Royal Smart Person
Dec 3, 2011
Allendale mi
IMG_0372.JPG IMG_0373.JPG
I got a allstar drop base air cleaner to fit under the hood I'll post more on that when I get the ram air box built

Reactions: 2 users

1bad79

Royal Smart Person
Dec 3, 2011
Allendale mi
IMG_0411.JPG IMG_0412.JPG IMG_0413.JPG
So to solve the issue of springs or prop rod I decided to try some stuff with a spare hood spring assembly. I first tried to de clock it so in other words I removed the spring and re installed with out winding it this proved not enough to hold it open so I thought how about re clocking it so I cut a new slot 90• to the other slot dropped in the spring then rotated around until I hooked it up this provided just enough to hold open works like factory and cost nothing

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor