MONTE CARLO Featherlite fiberglass trunk lid (pin on) wind wobble?

Reinforcement

• to much

• not enough

• should have used a bolt on or kept the original skeleton (Obvious choice that isn't an option now)

Results are only viewable after voting.

soloone87

Greasemonkey
May 15, 2014
hollywood,fl
I recently got the trunk lid from Feather Light, and I'm worried about the trunk wobbling while I'm going down the road(from the wind). I'm using 6 Dzus pins (3 per side) and four on the fins (2 per side). I'm thinking of adding some 2-inch aluminum flat bars from the driver's side to the pass side to give it some added strength on the back of the deck (2 across and 2 closer to the center connecting the two that are going across). Looking for opinions, is it too much or not enough? (pic for reference on how thin the glass lid is)

1697602196339.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
I think your plan is fine. I would add 2 fasteners across the top edge of the trunk. 1 each side halfway between ridge and outside edge.

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor