firearms: what ya got or want to get

Status
Not open for further replies.

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
DRIVEN said:
Well, I-594 passed just across the river in Washington last night. I took some time to reflect and have come to the realization that this whole 2nd amendment thing is outdated and stupid. Bloomberg is right, common citizens really shouldn't have guns. Since Oregon is probably soon to follow I have decided to be proactive. At first I thought I'd just sell my guns but then they would surely go on to maim and kill people. The only responsible thing to do is destroy them. The barrels have been smelted to make more Prius' (Prii?). The plastic has been recycled in to ipads so I can tweet and retweet ads for Obama/Holder'16. And the wood has been carved in to little unicorn figurines. Naturally, all my ammo has been given to local law enforcement because I know that if I'm ever in immediate danger their militarized swat teams are only a couple phone calls and a request form away. I did it for the children.

Dude, what the ****? I woulda gave you money for your guns to buy iPads for your children.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Merry Christmas to me...

It's been on some hunting trips so there's a few blemishes but all in all pretty nice shape for a 20 year old working rifle.

Also fell victim to an impulse buy a while back. HiPoint 995 carbine in 9mm. Totally wasn't in the market for one (at all), it just looked like fun and the price was right.

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
That's pritty fancy. Makes me want to put a scope mount on my glock. I do find it kinda funny how people LOVE the highpoint rifle, but loath the pistol. I'll be in the market for a PCC next year. I'm going for the kel tec sub2k in 9mm glock, naturally. I also was looking at the ruger 22/45. I've had the pleasure of shooting the mkiii and its a blast and a half. So you gonna peg some deer with yer new ruger or gonna see of you can hunt some wild boar?

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Honestly, I've never hunted. And this will sound really stupid but I just always thought they were a beautiful rifle. Been wanting one for years and this one popped up at a good price so I had to do it. I'd actually like to do a boar hunt some day. They aren't really a problem where I live now but I plan to move to Idaho in a couple years so it's a strong possibility.
The HiPoint was something I ran across while shopping for a .22 and figured even though it isn't quite a cheap to shoot, at least 9mm is easy to find. Find of covers plinking and HD. I'll play with it for a while and likely lose interest and pass it along. They seem to have an oddly strong following so it should be easy to sell.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
See you got the older "Planet of the Apes" version. I got the .45 TS version of the Hipoint carbine and they are nice PCCs for the price. The only bad thing about them are the small mags but it is very easy to change them quick . Just stay away from aftermarket mags for them, the feed lips are not shaped right and can cause damage.

The SIG MPX and CZ Evo Scorpion pistols with arm braces that are coming out next year sound cool.

CHRIS.O

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2011
MI
DRIVEN said:
Any of you guys have experience with building an 80% kit?

Im assuming youre talking about an AR15 80% lower or the whole 80% lower and rifle kit? I dont have experience with them but i do have some with building an AR15. Ive not seen an 80% lower in person so i wonder how good the final machine finish would be with a drill press. Nice rifle by the way and that carbine aint too bad either. Buddy of mine has one in 45 acp. Not the best thing but for the cost and fun factor theyre great. Back to 80% kit. Im not much of a do it yourselfer really. So personally i dont see any real benefit aside from not having to have paperwork on it and the DIY factor.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
CHRIS.O said:
DRIVEN said:
Any of you guys have experience with building an 80% kit?

Im assuming youre talking about an AR15 80% lower or the whole 80% lower and rifle kit? I dont have experience with them but i do have some with building an AR15. Ive not seen an 80% lower in person so i wonder how good the final machine finish would be with a drill press. Nice rifle by the way and that carbine aint too bad either. Buddy of mine has one in 45 acp. Not the best thing but for the cost and fun factor theyre great. Back to 80% kit. Im not much of a do it yourselfer really. So personally i dont see any real benefit aside from not having to have paperwork on it and the DIY factor.
Yup, AR. I was poking around and it looks like I could build an off books AR with a poly lower for under $400 if I shop around. Just looked like a fun project.
The HiPoint really serves no purpose. I picked it up for less than half the cost of a new TS995 purely on a whim. I'll check back in and let you guys know how it performs.
And thanks for the heads up on the aftermarket mags, Clone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor