First time at the track

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiggsVI

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 27, 2011
Cleveland, OH
First time my friends 1987 cutlass with a 455 bored .30 over at the track racing on 22 inch rims. I know I'm going to get a lot of negative comments about the rims but we're planning on running slicks the next time around

[youtube]x8OFknY4QCo[/youtube]

Attachments

• 303.JPG
    303.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 636

ve3oky

Greasemonkey
May 30, 2012
Ontario Canada
For a first time not bad at all, key is as long as you had fun. Remember my first time at the track was scared of something going wrong, like the other guy crossing center. Also remember seeing a guy taking a full stock caddy with a baby seat (empty of course) in the back down the track ..... good times :D

BiggsVI

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 27, 2011
Cleveland, OH
Yeah we had a lot of fun. I believe this car is capable of running a high 12 on motor if the driver get a little more practice & a low 12 if he hit the juice (150 shot). Keep in mind this is a street car with four 12 inch woofers & amps in the trunk 8)

Curless

Apprentice
Jul 10, 2012
Grand Rapids
I'd say there is alt more potential there then low 12's...what gears are in it, what converter, that thing probably makes 350-400 lbs of torque, it should blast into the 11's no issue! I don't care about the rims, I give you guys full credit for runnin at the track instead of street racing! You ran it as its driven on the street, a real comparison of his car and the other, a no B.S. type of run. CONGRATS!

Curless

Apprentice
Jul 10, 2012
Grand Rapids
BiggsVI said:
He is running 4.10's with a turbo 400 trans I'm not sure of the stall

With 4.10's I would need to know what RPM he is at when crossing the line to be able to recommend anything for improvement, also what kind of 60' times is getting?

BiggsVI

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 27, 2011
Cleveland, OH
60" time was 2.03 he said he basically sand bagged that race because he wanted to race again without anyone being scared so he just cruise to a easy win. We know this car can run a 12 for sure on rims just got to wait a few weeks until we go to the track again. Next build will be my 87 cutlass with a 69 455 block/425 crank 8)

Curless

Apprentice
Jul 10, 2012
Grand Rapids
BiggsVI said:
60" time was 2.03 he said he basically sand bagged that race because he wanted to race again without anyone being scared so he just cruise to a easy win. We know this car can run a 12 for sure on rims just got to wait a few weeks until we go to the track again. Next build will be my 87 cutlass with a 69 455 block/425 crank 8)

LOL, yeah 2.03!!!! Holy crap!!! Yeah sleepin at the gate...sandbagger!!! If he can get down around 1.5 it will pick up a second or more at the top end. I think his car is alot faster than you guys realize!

So what are you looking to end up with for cubes on your ride? What heads are you gonna run?

BiggsVI

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 27, 2011
Cleveland, OH
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor