floor jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I have been using the steel HF 3-ton jack the past few years after my second (Craftsman) jack crapped out. It's been a nice reliable jack. I still have my first jack which is almost 40 yrs old. It's a Walker 1.5 ton, which looks just like the Hein-Warner jack that Jared shows in the pic. It needs to be rebuilt, which I've had on the backburner for years.
The parts are available on Ebay, but it requires a few special tools, or tool to disassemble the hydraulic cylinder or ram.

Does anyone recommend a good company That rebuilds jacks?

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I have been using the steel HF 3-ton jack the past few years after my second (Craftsman) jack crapped out. It's been a nice reliable jack. I still have my first jack which is almost 40 yrs old. It's a Walker 1.5 ton, which looks just like the Hein-Warner jack that Jared shows in the pic. It needs to be rebuilt, which I've had on the backburner for years.
The parts are available on Ebay, but it requires a few special tools, or tool to disassemble the hydraulic cylinder or ram.

Does anyone recommend a good company That rebuilds jacks?
Jack, between Dad and I, we've had some old jacks (floor and bottle) repaired by a shop down in Houston. A Hein-Warner is worth having fixed but shipping is cost prohibitive so I'd look for somebody local to fix it for you, if you don't do it yourself.

When I bought my Hein-Warner, I thought I was buying something the size of the JF jack next to it. Then, one week night a FedEx Freight pup tractor trailer showed up on my street. The jack was on a small skid and was delivered using a liftgate and pallet jack.🤣

Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Jack, between Dad and I, we've had some old jacks (floor and bottle) repaired by a shop down in Houston. A Hein-Warner is worth having fixed but shipping is cost prohibitive so I'd look for somebody local to fix it for you, if you don't do it yourself.

When I bought my Hein-Warner, I thought I was buying something the size of the JF jack next to it. Then, one week night a FedEx Freight pup tractor trailer showed up on my street. The jack was on a small skid and was delivered using a liftgate and pallet jack.🤣
Jared,
I know that particular type jack had been sold by different companies like Hein-Warner, Walker, Black Hawk, etc. Mine is also metallic blue with yellow trim.
I refuse to get rid of it because it's a quality made piece made in the USA. I believe I can disassemble the hydraulic portion from the chassis to send off to be refurbed. That would certainly take some weight off the shipment and naturally, shipping costs. The Craftsman jack I had was an impulse buy. My Walker died while I was rebuilding the frontend of my wagon. The Craftsman jack was a Chinese POS which lasted for awhile and helped get my frontend back together. I ended up scrapping it.
I bought the HF jack mainly because it was cheap and I needed a jack ASAP.

Last edited:

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Jared,
I know that particular type jack had been sold by different companies like Hein-Warner, Walker, Black Jack, etc. Mine is also metallic blue with yellow trim.
I refuse to get rid of it because it's a quality made piece made in the USA. I believe I can disassemble the hydraulic portion from the chassis to send off to be refurbed. That would certainly take some weight off the shipment and naturally, shipping costs. The Craftsman jack I had was an impulse buy. My Walker died while I was rebuilding the frontend of my wagon. The Craftsman jack was a Chinese POS which lasted for awhile and helped get my frontend back together. I ended up scrapping it.
I bought the HF jack mainly because it was cheap and I needed a jack ASAP.
Yeah, I have a few of the HF jacks. They are a good value but I don't really like buying stuff made in China. My late mother bought me a 3-ton Craftsman floor jack around 20 years ago. It was Chineaseaum and it's service life was disappointing. I'll bet I got rid of it 8-10 years ago. Nothing special. Just a stop gap like the HF jacks, unfortunately. The Hein-warner will outlast me, I expect.

84 W40

G-Body Guru
Dec 9, 2009
So far I had no issues with my jacks other than there heavy and old but reliable.
The green one was given to me by my uncle when i started to work on cars at a young age. Its a sears and was made in 1963.
Orange jack i purchased back in 1990.
I have used HF jacks and they did there job. What i dont like about any new jack is the saddle. Its seems like there getting smaller and smaller, whats up with that.
20210627_205841.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
So far I had no issues with my jacks other than there heavy and old but reliable.
The green one was given to me by my uncle when i started to work on cars at a young age. Its a sears and was made in 1963.
I have used HF jacks and they did there job. What i dont like about any new jack is the saddle. Its seems like there getting smaller and smaller, whats up with that.
View attachment 178752
Pretty sure that green one is a Blackhawk. They are desirable and easily rebuildable...

Jakefromstatefarm

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2014
Side not on the topic of floor jacks,

If you ever feel like an idiot for doing something on a car and then realized later that it wasn't the brightest idea, just remember in 2020 and 2021 trailblazer's from GM they came with a plastic jack. Fast forward to a couple weeks ago... You guessed it, recall.. the recall states to destroy/trash the jack and return the vehicle to the customer and they will receive another notice when a new style jack is available. Until then no jack in the new vehicle unless owner provided.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
come and take mine,it's works well and is too heavy..there's no louder sound than that jack running across the floor..

Reactions: 1 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
View attachment 178752
Dad has one just like the green one. He had it rebuilt locally.

84 W40

G-Body Guru
Dec 9, 2009
Pretty sure that green one is a Blackhawk. They are desirable and easily rebuildable...
It does say Sears on the label with model and serial number. It could be a clone of a Blackhawk

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor