Floor Shifter for Automatic

Status
Not open for further replies.

dougfather

Master Mechanic
Jul 11, 2006
Altoona PA
I am converting my 3 speed column shift to a 4 speed floor shift (automatic - 200-4R). I am considering 2 different B&M shifters. What is easier to install on these cars: 1) A cable that exists in front of the shifter? OR 2) A cable the exists in the rear of the shifter? I am thinking on the QuickSilver or SportShifter. How far from the firewall should I drill the hole for the cable to pass through? Any advice would be of great help.

dougfather

Master Mechanic
Jul 11, 2006
Altoona PA
Is the Hurst Indy shifter a front or rear cable type? BTW, did you swap idiot lights for OEM gauges on your car? Besides swaping sending units, is there anything else that needs done?

averagewhiteboy

Master Mechanic
Jun 7, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
I didn't put the gauges in yet. A local show was going to do them for me. I do have them though.

Not sure exactly what kind of shift linkage it has...

Also, would you be interested in looking for a donor car? I'm looking to maybe sell my GP. You get everything listed in my sig, as well as the car.

:)

thebaron

Apprentice
Jul 11, 2006
I want to upgrade my existing OEM Floor Shifter with something better, so what would be the best for my Turbo 350 and possible use at drag track after 350+ V8 upgrade. I still want to be able to drive it on the street ;)

nabob_blaster

Apprentice
Jul 22, 2007
I've used both a b&m and a hurst the b&m woeks better for me I have a b&m pro ratchet gets kinda agrivating at first but is easier to get used to

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
huh interesting thread this is one of my winter projects as well

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
i love my megashifter, looks sweet too, its a front exit cable

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
i have an aftermarket floor shifter inj my elky but i dont know what brand. its a 3 speed auto and the cable goes into the center "hump" under the dash then back around to the transmission, i think.. i was lookin at replacing it with a b&m street bandit shifter. its slim and looks nice. btw the quicksilver looks badd a$$! i might just have to steal yer idea :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor