flowmasters

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomT

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 14, 2009
SW Florida
After driving the elco for 5 yrs with flowmasters (weekends,holidays) I couldn't take the droning anymore so I went to a flowmaster dealer, he asked if I had a H pipe in the system -- NO -- So we put one in and what a difference. I'll bet its 50% quieter. I have to say I loved the sound just driving thru a parking lot before but it wasn't worth the droning. Now I have to get use to the new sound.. The dealer also tells me as a side benefit I should get more mid range torque

TomT

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 14, 2009
SW Florida
My exhaust comes back from the headers and tucks in along the drive shaft tunnel so we put it just behind the trans and the universal so I could still grease it.
Tom

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
Droning:
–verb (used without object) 1. to make a dull, continued, low, monotonous sound; hum; buzz.

:)

tusk

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 10, 2009
wilmington nc
yeah the dreaded flowmaster drone,us mustang guys have been living with it for years even with our h and x pipes,a trick they are doing now is to come off right after the muffler and and put a small y pipe in and cap off the y pipe part,somehow the reverberations(sp) is lessened and the droning goes away,

i dont know if the OP has tailpipes or not,if not try it with dumps and 4.30's,makes you glad to get home after driving the car

TomT

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 14, 2009
SW Florida
My elco would draw some attention when idleing across a parking lot now it just sounds I don't know maybe 50% of what it was like before -- it's that dramatic
Tom

rick48195

Apprentice
May 21, 2009
Now I know thank you, yeah my flowmasters on the highway seem to resonate into the interior too - droning? I had an H pipe installed from the start so I don't have anything to compare it to,

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor