Flowtech Headers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blazenlotus

G-Body Guru
Mar 4, 2010
Stockton, MO
I have a set of flowtech on my 260 and it has been nothing but trouble. I can use the column shift so I bought a floor shift and found out today that it wont work either. I am wondring if anybody else has used them or had any trouble with them? Where the header meet the exhaust it right at the linkage and I cant get it into gear with the column shift and it is way to close for the floor shift. I am about to take the damn thing to the crusher and say **** it. :blam: :blam: :blam:

Those Flowtech fit like crap for the g body. The Hedman headers fit much better. They all seem to have that problem. Sanderson makes a super easy to install shorty header.

I had put hedmann on for ten minutes, there were shitty too. I used Dynotech from Jegs and they fit perfectly. Even used the dual exhaust kit with the double hump jegster crossmember..

My headmans fit good.. but that was about 8 years ago on my first malibu..maybe they've changed since? have flowtechs on my pickup and they're not bad for the $150 cdn i paid, but i can't comment on fit in a g-body.

Remember guys, these are the Olds v8 in G body headers. Everyone complains of this and the exhaust pointing into the floor.

I have hedman elite headers in My GP and they fit fine. The only issue is the passenger side of the engine has to be lifted to install or remove the header. Another thing I like about these headers is there is no collector gasket, it's a ball and socket fitting

I have the FlowTech Afterburners....can I say GARBAGE!!!
Had to bang the ish out of primary #4 cause it would hit the upper a-arm mount and the bolts are hard to tighten cause of the bad flange quality. But it'll be fine for now...till i get some twin turbo manifolds made. :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor