Fooking deer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Fragility and expense with these new trucks make me think you need to mount a cow pusher on the front of them.

Sheesh.

Those $500-1000 headlights don't help things. Used to be a busted headlamp set you back $7. Maybe $25 if you couldn't push the mount bucket and springs back into shape.

Giving me second thoughts to look at moving the 496 into a squarebody and ditching the gmt800. Heated seats are nice though....
Bring the seats over either motor…

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Years ago dad hit a deer every year for 4 years in a row.

92 Regal, smacked a deer in the front corner
93 Grand prix, deer hit the front fender and rolled along the entire drivers side of the car
Grand prix again the next year in the same spot, but it was a glancing blow
My cutlass, Dad borrowed it when I was gone for the weekend and smacked one with the header panel.

39F

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2019
Pittsburgh PA
Hit a dear in my 82 short bed had to wash it and touch the spray paint on the bumper were it's head hit . Used to hit bats all the time in my 2014 Chevy going to the Exs house they'd sound funny hitting those big head lights in those trucks and make a ping off my bumper I I built

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Truck goes in Monday at the stealership that did the old Hyundia last year (Chevy/Buick/Honda/Hyundia/Subaru dealer). I know the shop manager from reading his electric meter & talking to him about his Malibu (a '80 if I'm remembering.) He said they'll price match GM parts to the Capa stuff. Evevn do the virtual ting with the insurance company. As soon as they rip it apart they'll roll right in to get the supplement added. The rental from them will run $20 a day & should have it back either Thursday or Friday. Might even get them to put on my GM mud flaps i have sitting in the garage since I bought the truck.

Reactions: 1 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Dropped off the truck today. The shop got the virtual estamate done with the adjuster, claiming it's only $3200 in damage. By now the supplement is being built up to add on to the claim. Expect to see it Friday. Until then I'm in a Subaru Crosstrek.

Reactions: 1 user

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
HM-mm, ck80, if you do decide to snatch your big block '96 and go retro to a square body, why not take those heated seats with you? The install and wiring can't be all that miserable or complicated. Either that or design a cow catcher but use cheap soft bolts to mount it so when you scoop the deer, the bolts break and the whole thing drops away so your front fascia doesn't get shredded.

Nick

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
HM-mm, ck80, if you do decide to snatch your big block '96 and go retro to a square body, why not take those heated seats with you? The install and wiring can't be all that miserable or complicated. Either that or design a cow catcher but use cheap soft bolts to mount it so when you scoop the deer, the bolts break and the whole thing drops away so your front fascia doesn't get shredded.

Nick
Worse than a 96 for swap purposes, it's an 02 so gmt800 heading into either an 87 v series or 79 k series.

Seats are wider, it'd be a PITA to adapt the power seat track/heated seat onto a floor with the raised hump and smaller footprint. I believe the seat assembly is a good bit wider, certainly has a narrower console, and, the length of console wouldn't swap. A square suburban puts the t-case lever dead center on the floor hump, meaning the 800 console wouldn't fit so you'd have no console anymore between seats, meaning a bracket delete and custom carpet job.

I'm sure I could reupholster a different set of seats and add heaters, but, the memory seats with lumbar and heat are nice on the longer trips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor