Foose Twizz rims with Mickey Thompson ET Streets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balzak

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 10, 2020
Longview, TX
So I am fairly new to the Gbody community and I thought about doing a build thread but I kind of like doing more review style posts. I do quite a bit of research before purchasing but I can also be impulsive and although these rims were not my first pick, I don't hate them. I just purchased some Foose Twizz rims, 15x8 for the front and 15x9 in the rear. The rubber is Mickey Thompson ET Street 235/60/R15 on the front and 275/50/R15 in the rear. I did have to install a very small spacer on the front rims as they did rub slightly. I was at a local tire shop and they had these that were abandoned as they didn't fit another car and sold them to me for what I believe to be a good price. I only have roughly 200 miles on them and they are as good as advertised, they are quiet and fairly soft so they feel very planted when cornering. Let me know what you think, I haven't seen anyone else with these.

20210313_125130.jpg
20210313_125713.jpg
20210313_125742.jpg
20210313_125944.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I like it.

I can't get overly excited over the wheels, but they look good. Be careful of those tires in the rain.

Really good looking Cutty. Tell us more about the car please.

Reactions: 3 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
So I am fairly new to the Gbody community and I thought about doing a build thread but I kind of like doing more review style posts. I do quite a bit of research before purchasing but I can also be impulsive and although these rims were not my first pick, I don't hate them. I just purchased some Foose Twizz rims, 15x8 for the front and 15x9 in the rear. The rubber is Mickey Thompson ET Street 235/60/R15 on the front and 275/50/R15 in the rear. I did have to install a very small spacer on the front rims as they did rub slightly. I was at a local tire shop and they had these that were abandoned as they didn't fit another car and sold them to me for what I believe to be a good price. I only have roughly 200 miles on them and they are as good as advertised, they are quiet and fairly soft so they feel very planted when cornering. Let me know what you think, I haven't seen anyone else with these.

View attachment 177440 View attachment 177441 View attachment 177442 View attachment 177443
Good looking car. Howdy from Houston.

Reactions: 1 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Very nice car but there are definitely better style rims out there that will compliment your car, my question is it looks like those are drag radials on the front?

• Agree
  • Wow

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Very nice car but there are definitely better style rims out there that will compliment your car, my question is it looks like those are drag radials on the front?

Maybe it's another AWD Cutlass?

• Haha

Balzak

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 10, 2020
Longview, TX
64nailhead A little history of the car, I picked this car up roughly 9 months ago in Cincinnati, Ohio for $3500 it was just freshly painted and had a new carb and trans was either repaired or replaced. The car looks good but has quite a few imperfections up close. Pretty basic car, not many options installed. It had quite a few little problems that only needed minor attention. The car is very clean and has almost no rust except for inside at the bottom of the doors but is very minor. The car came with upper and lower UMI rear control arms. Here in Texas an 87 has to have cats so I installed some and got it inspected and have been driving it on weekends when the weather is nice. I have installed a new steering wheel, a-pilar gauge pods with gauges, wheels and tires, air ride suspension, and bucket seat conversion. I have a zz4 350 with 700R4 trans and Holley Sniper EFI to install this winter along with a Ford 9 inch rear with 3.70 gears. This car is going to be a cruiser, I have a car that sits in the garage that I fear adding miles to and this one is going to be different. I do the majority of the work myself and I enjoy having a project to work on over the winter and enjoy in the summer.

Balzak

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 10, 2020
Longview, TX
565bbchevy I believe that the MT ET Street falls into the drag radial category. Not what I had planned for the car but I couldn't pass up the deal on them and they are growing on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor