For Anybody That Wants To Do A Fuel Injection Swap

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little Google research shows Streetmaster was used in the 70s. Probably when this intake is from. Just be sure to know what you're gettin' into 😉

Not enough details. I would stay away as you have no idea what you are getting yourself into .

Doober said:
A little Google research shows Streetmaster was used in the 70s. Probably when this intake is from. Just be sure to know what you're gettin' into 😉

I dont think thats from the 70's. They didnt have the computing power back then to make multi-point EFI work. I would say that is from the late 80's to early 90's. I could be wrong and have been in the past...

Um I wouldnt think anybody would bid on that unless they did their research. For the price you cant beat it though. A new sbc fi intake cost 3something.

kingcolbert83 said:
Um I wouldnt think anybody would bid on that unless they did their research. For the price you cant beat it though. A new sbc fi intake cost 3something.

Yeah .. but ... a 3k dollar sbc FI system would [should] support around 500 or more hp. I doubt that is much more than something you'd want to run on a stock 305/350. Plus, doesn't look like it has any software for it (which could easily run over 1k dollars alone). Just way to "iffy". I mean even if you built you own megasquirt to run it for like $500, I seriously don't think that setup would flow that well.

You can get Edelbrocks new system to flow for a 500hp motor to drop on your own manifold for $1,500 with all the latest software and maps on it.

It's neat ... but in no way would I think it's a "deal" even for the price. That would be like finding a rusted out Malibu in a field for $100. Sure it's a cheap price, but you'd have to drop 6k into it to get it back into shape.

All I'm saying is that sometimes takeing the "cheap route" is more expensive.

Would make an interesting paper weight though. :lol:

jonnyslick said:
Would make an interesting paper weight though. :lol:

:lol: Definitely. To get that running you would need to make sure you have the right injectors, etc., but you would also need the wiring, and the computer... not to mention the tiny venturi of the throttle body on that thing. Personally I'd get a TPI intake before getting that, excellent street intake for a similar price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor