CHEVY Anybody tried this Jeg's exhaust?

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I did have this on my frame when I was fight with Pypes over the bad tailpipe. Does fit nice, mufflers are a bit heavy, has some close clearences on the G Force TH350/3/4 speed crossmember. Still have & will be going onto Jr's Monte when the time comes.
Edit: I didn't think they still had these as the EPA peter smack down seem to scared anyone with these kits.

Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Appreciate the insight. I'll be using Jeg's crossmember, so maybe that's a plus?

Probably should move on them soon, sounds like.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Reactions: 1 user

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Heartthrob exhaust is in Litchfield MN and all their stuff from what I can tell is bent in MN. Good shop that sponsors at the local track.

I regularly buy over the counter bends from them when I pass through.

Heartthrob took the conservative approach when the EPA was slapping fines for 'emissions delete' items and pulled their stuff off the website for anything pre 72. They 100% have the kit, if you call you might have luck and they will sell you a box of bends for a miscellaneous vehicle that might just happen to fit a G body....

Reactions: 6 users

DonF

Apprentice
Nov 1, 2015
Ft. Myers/ Lehigh Fl.
Heartthrob exhaust is in Litchfield MN and all their stuff from what I can tell is bent in MN. Good shop that sponsors at the local track.

I regularly buy over the counter bends from them when I pass through.

Heartthrob took the conservative approach when the EPA was slapping fines for 'emissions delete' items and pulled their stuff off the website for anything pre 72. They 100% have the kit, if you call you might have luck and they will sell you a box of bends for a miscellaneous vehicle that might just happen to fit a G body....
304 stainless or just steel?

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
304 stainless or just steel?

Aluminized steel. They have stainless bends as I have bought them for fabrication. Not sure if they can do a kit in stainless..

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Aluminized steel. They have stainless bends as I have bought them for fabrication. Not sure if they can do a kit in stainless..
I thought I saw stainless on thier site before the EPA smack down started awhile back. It'll make sence that they do/did since Jegs & Summit have/had 409 stainless kits.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor