FOR SALE: 1985 Pontiac Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.

averagewhiteboy

Master Mechanic
Jun 7, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Hey guys.

To make a long story short, I decided to try and throw up the GP for sale on the forum. I know it wouldn't get any money anywhere else, so the G-Body forum would be the best place. I'm just not financially ready to start swapping engines and things just yet. That's the only problem. But without any more time, here's the information:

The car, as it said, is a 1985 Pontiac Grand Prix. There's no model designation becasue it's a V6 car. However, there are some options. It's not just a bare-bones GP. It has factory rear defroster, Rally-II 14 inch wheels, full size spare Rally-II wheel, A/C, power drivers side mirror, Landau top, and the classic style GP hood ornament. The car has the split bench front seat with column 3 speed auto. The car is powered (so-to-speak) by the tried and true 2bbl 231ci 3.8L V6 Buick motor. The car was originally an olive green with a lighter green Landau top and green/grey interior. There was a minor accident from the last owner that required a new drivers side door and front fender. Those are more of a flat-Army green. The previous owner also dinged up a few spots, but nothing that's unbearable. A good ding-popper would be strongly suggested. The car has roll-down windows and manual locks and seat tracks. It had the AM/FM radio with 4 speakers. There is an Alpine CD player in it now that will come with the car for an extra 50 bucks installed. If you don't want it, the factory radio will be installed for free. The A/C actually slightly works. If it's 90 outside, no chance. But if it's like 75 there's a storng chance you'll get a little from it. Put a rechange kit in and I'm sure it'd be ice-cold. The front and rear defrosters work perfectly, and so does the fan and the wipers. The drivers door won't open from outside the car. So there's just a broken tab in the door panel. There's a fresh oil change, and the car is PA inspected for another month. After that, it'll need new tires to pass again. The brakes pulste a little, but that's just from the rotors being out of parallel. But they do still stop well. The chrome is all perfect. Still VERY shiny. There's some rust on the body which me and a friend are repairing now. We're grinding/sanding then spraying it lightly with primer. Less work for you.

I'll be gone from this sunday (23) to next saturday (29). But I have internet on my phone, or you can call me if you have any further questions. The car is fully drivable. I drove it for 3 weeks straight when I first got it. It will get you where you want to go. It'd make a great project, fixer-upper, dirt race car, or a drivable parts car. I'm starting the asking price at $1,000 obo. Let's make a deal! Please feel more than free to post up here, and/or call me up about questions. 724-462-5747. The name's Derrick. Lastly, the car is located in Imperial, PA (near Pittsburgh). I look forward to dealing with you!

IMG_4969.jpg

IMG_4963.jpg

IMG_4991.jpg

IMG_4974.jpg

IMG_4975.jpg

IMG_4977.jpg

Looks like a deal. Much cheaper than the repairs to the van my GF's son just wrecked after having his liscense for , oh about 5 days :shock:

And he likes green.......... 🙂

How many miles on the car/engine?

That does seem like a great price and i don't think I have ever seen that color of green GP. I like it and the body looks to be in great shape. You won't have any problem getting your price for it.

grandamman said:
Much cheaper than the repairs to the van my GF's son just wrecked after having his liscense for , oh about 5 days :shock:

Wow! That sucks! The insurance co. must love him! Hopefully no one was hurt and it was a minor accident.

Thanks guys! :wink:

grandamman said:
Looks like a deal. Much cheaper than the repairs to the van my GF's son just wrecked after having his liscense for , oh about 5 days :shock:

How many miles on the car/engine?

Well on the first day I got it, driving it from the previous owners house, I started with 86,888. So not much past there. I only drove it for a month or so...

If you have any other questions, please feel free to inquire! :wink:

Another guy around me is interested too. But he wants to use it for track racing. So if you'd rather drive it, act quick!

😛

I can't figure out why your car is still for sale...if I was close to ya I'd grap it in a hurry. :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor