Status
Not open for further replies.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Hil-air-e-ous.

Couldn't give mine away...3 times (3 different cars). Can't understand why anyone would want that eyesore on their roof

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
I can see why some want it, it helps out a certain look with wagons, if mine had it I’d probably keep it until/unless I was getting it painted.

But, mine never had one(with no plans to add it) and I’m happy about that 👍

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Mine was removed and never reinstalled. In fact, it got tossed out in the trash. That's about what they're worth.

Reactions: 1 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
I would give my roof rack away plus a few hundred dollars if the holes all got magically filled and the paint matched and I did not have to drop the headliner and replace all the wagon-only garnish clips....

Got to put down that crack pipe....

Local Hero

G-Body Guru
Nov 24, 2016
Northcoast, Cleveland, Ohio
That one was for sale back when I first bought my wagon..... nearly three years ago. Ain't no way I'm paying that much coin for one.

As for not wanting one on the roof, mine was missing and I actually wanted one because I use mine.... A LOT!!! I've hauled ladders, folding tables, Christmas trees, baseball equipment, and the list goes on.

I ended up with one off an early 70s full size Olds wagon that I cut down to fit. It was a little rough but it certainly does the job. The rib strips are aluminum bar stock from the hardware store. Stainless screws.

IMG_3057.JPG

Last edited:

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
That one was for sale back when I first bought my wagon..... nearly three years ago. Ain't no way I'm paying that much coin for one.

As for not wanting one on the roof, mine was missing and I actually wanted one because I use mine.... A LOT!!! I've hauled ladders, folding tables, Christmas trees, baseball equipment, and the list goes on.

I ended up with one off an early 70s full size Olds wagon that I cut down to fit. It was a little rough but it certainly does the job. The rib strips are aluminum bar stock from the hardware store. Stainless screws.

View attachment 116584
Mark,
At least you put a durable rack back on there compared to the crap that these cars came with.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
Hoping to rework the rack on the parts blazer for the gypsy wagon... one that’s on there now looks like it led a hard, hard life....

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Mine was original but what a POS. Good for nothing so off it came and no regrets. I kept the ribs. If I'm hauling plywood or drywall I just stick some cardboard on first then tie it all down with straps through the doors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor