Forum Sponsors. C'mon guys...

Status
Not open for further replies.

85442/86buick

G-Body Guru
Feb 12, 2013
Perth Country , Ontario
my 2 cents ,
I have notice UMI Green Machine missing ! and that one car has me minutes away from ordering their stage 2 kit...............but what happen ?
this morning I was ordering parts from RockAuto came here for a discount code........no luck

I do try to support any local or GBody business .

thanks for listening
Dave

Reactions: 1 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Did surf the UMI website after someone threw up a link to it in a thread. Have seen and surfed most of the sponsoring sites and they all seem to have desirable merchandise BUT, for those of us from upstate North America, getting stuff shipped over the border has become a brutal miserable time consuming exercise. Cross border travel for the purpose of picking up parts and components waiting at the local US drop point is VERBOTEN, TABOO, DENIED. mostly because of this business of "essential" and "non-essential". For me classified as being Non-essential as I have been, making an order from an American Supplier has become a risky proposition. Even if they will use USPS the parcels get delayed for "customs" inspection, which usually means they get stuck in front of a drug sniffing dog who'd probably much rather be sniffing some b****'* b*tt than having to climb all over skid after skid of boxes parcels and packages in search of that bad ol' candy powder.

I did pull the trigger and buy that shock bracket frame brace that UMI offers for G-bodies. I did recieve it today and I do like the finish. The fit has yet to be judged simply because I need to get the rear end re-assembled before I can move on to mounting that bracket.

I do personally happen to agree that Boob-tube and Farce-book are the self serving refuges of the sophmoric but hey, they do need to be stashed somewhere......................plus which even Bob-tube does offer some interesting clips; you just need to wade through a montrous amount of useless hair to find them.

Nick

Reactions: 1 user

rogue_ryder

Master Mechanic
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
You do understand the demographics of this board......right? The typical gbodyforum member drives $2k 3.8 powered 4 door buick regal, works a blue collar job, and has a $50/month parts budget.

Contrast that with Vette owners, new Camaro/Challenger/Mustang owners, tri-5 owners, muscle car era, diesel truck guys.......hell anybody but us. These are bankers, accountants, lawyers that wouldn't think twice about dropping $2k on new exhaust or $4k on wheels/tires/lift kit. If you were a vendor.....where would you concentrate your resources?
The Demographics of G-Body owners is shifting up market as Gen X'rs come into more money and as A-Bodies of the late 60s early 70s trend higher and higher and the supply of restorable A bodies dries up, the G-Bodies are starting to become the "next thing" in the car crafting world. But this world isn't even close yet (outside of the GNs) to the others you mention. 20-25 years ago you could pretty replace the cars you mention with Nova or Dart/Duster. I saw an ok, not perfect /6 Dart Swinger for $12.5K the other day. That's where the 3.8 Regals will be before you know it.
Nope......not even close to what I was saying. Cold Case (as an example) sells 100X the radiators on a Mustang/Mopar/Camaro/Corvette forum..... yet you think they should post daily on here and be your best friend?
Speaking of Cold Case, it would have been nice if they did a little more engineering into their product. I got Champion level performance for 50% more money. I'm not happy with them AT ALL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor