Forum Sponsors. C'mon guys...

Status
Not open for further replies.

87National

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2009
eastern SD
My original point of this thread is they aren't sponsoring sh*t. They don't even make an appearance on here.
And my original response was an explanation of WHY they aren't spending time on here. It's simple economics......any small business owner on here will understand exactly what I'm talking about.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
And my original response was an explanation of WHY they aren't spending time on here. It's simple economics......any small business owner on here will understand exactly what I'm talking about.

Add no help, as in employees. Holley for one is still at limited staff, Jegs and Summit are the same.

I recently tried to buy fabricated lower door panels for my car from a company that has been in business for 10 years and was told expect 3-5 months, but 'they will gladly take my order'. I spoke to the owner's wife (also the receptionist) and she advised that there 7 employee business now consists of her and her husband because they couldn't get the other employees to return post Covid.

I received a very similar story from two different Holley reps.

I've spoken to Mac from SSM on the phone about my 8.8 truss kit when I was installing it. He was very responsive, but that was over a year ago before the lack of employees overtook the work force.

I agree with James, it would be nice to see and expect better participation and I hope that sponsor interaction improves.

Reactions: 1 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Wait until 5 more days when the stimulus unemployment bennies run out. Then you'll see fuller staffs soon.

Reactions: 1 user

87National

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2009
eastern SD
I've spoken to Mac from SSM on the phone about my 8.8 truss kit when I was installing it. He was very responsive
I've messaged Mac on the exploder 8.8 kit and received a great response from him. I've also ordered from Mike's Montes here and there over the years and his service has been nothing short of excellent. Maybe I am a "glass is half full" type, but I am grateful for the vendor support that we do have.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
I see them "on" the site all the time, if the "current users" sidebar widget is correct.

This is partly my fault, I haven't been actively engaging them to try and push discount codes, specials, etc. Getting ready to send that e-mail for the '22 calendar, maybe we can put some discount codes in it, etc. I need to improve in that regard. Not a "schmoozer" so its out of my wheelhouse so to speak. But, I sell them the platform, its up to them to use it to full effect or not.

What you CAN do, is to make sure you mention the site when you do order from them "I saw you on GBF" etc. That way they KNOW they're getting some reach on here. Say hi, tag them in posts, ask questions, (but see below) etc.

It would also help immensely if people would stop dogpiling on sponsors with negative comments every time they post something. That's why GBP is no longer a sponsor here. I can't speak to their customer service, practices, etc. but they got tired of getting dragged through the mud all the time. Deserving or not, I can't say, but that's why they left. It wasn't worth the time to them to do "damage control" or PR here and I'm not hired to do that for them.. so..... but I do see it happen with other sponsors, too. Take your beef to them directly and try and get it sorted with them before just complaining publicly in unrelated topics. I can see how it would make them "gun shy" of posting anything at all.

Forums aren't going anywhere, and eventually everything old is new again, FB will commit seppuku in some way, it'll get more and more saturated with garbage and you'll see a return.

Any sponsors want to comment? If nothing else I'm interested in your take.

(also let's not turn this into a covid-related "nobody want to work" thread, please. This has been going on much longer than that.)

Reactions: 2 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
Add no help, as in employees. Holley for one is still at limited staff, Jegs and Summit are the same.

I recently tried to buy fabricated lower door panels for my car from a company that has been in business for 10 years and was told expect 3-5 months, but 'they will gladly take my order'. I spoke to the owner's wife (also the receptionist) and she advised that there 7 employee business now consists of her and her husband because they couldn't get the other employees to return post Covid.

I received a very similar story from two different Holley reps.

I've spoken to Mac from SSM on the phone about my 8.8 truss kit when I was installing it. He was very responsive, but that was over a year ago before the lack of employees overtook the work force.

I agree with James, it would be nice to see and expect better participation and I hope that sponsor interaction improves.
I agree with this^ I'm seeing a ton of part shortage @work and the lack of work force is across the board.
it took me forever to $tick my car together but reaching out to more than one site sponsor for advise and product information did pay off more times than I can remember.don't be afraid to reach out if you're interested or have questions.more than once I have seen them interject advise in a particular thread,that being Said just because they're not on here as regulars doesn't discount their products&or the service they ultimately provide.yes this isn't Facebook/instface(yes,that's spelt correctly)for some people it's the only automotive media/resource they have.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I see them "on" the site all the time, if the "current users" sidebar widget is correct.

This is partly my fault, I haven't been actively engaging them to try and push discount codes, specials, etc. Getting ready to send that e-mail for the '22 calendar, maybe we can put some discount codes in it, etc. I need to improve in that regard. Not a "schmoozer" so its out of my wheelhouse so to speak. But, I sell them the platform, its up to them to use it to full effect or not.

What you CAN do, is to make sure you mention the site when you do order from them "I saw you on GBF" etc. That way they KNOW they're getting some reach on here. Say hi, tag them in posts, ask questions, (but see below) etc.

It would also help immensely if people would stop dogpiling on sponsors with negative comments every time they post something. That's why GBP is no longer a sponsor here. I can't speak to their customer service, practices, etc. but they got tired of getting dragged through the mud all the time. Deserving or not, I can't say, but that's why they left. It wasn't worth the time to them to do "damage control" or PR here and I'm not hired to do that for them.. so..... but I do see it happen with other sponsors, too. Take your beef to them directly and try and get it sorted with them before just complaining publicly in unrelated topics. I can see how it would make them "gun shy" of posting anything at all.

Forums aren't going anywhere, and eventually everything old is new again, FB will commit seppuku in some way, it'll get more and more saturated with garbage and you'll see a return.

(also let's not turn this into a covid-related "nobody want to work" thread, please. This has been going on much longer than that.)
If you want to talk about GBP and their spotty customer service-

Dogpiling deserved? IMO, when applicable, yes, indeedy. He probably ran and hid because what was being thrown at him was true. And I know I'm not the only one that has personal perspective into such customer service fails. I could have sworn he was actually a brother to Brothers Automotive Parts at one time it was getting so bad. Has he got any better? I can't tell you because I stopped shopping there myself. Brian could clean up in the G-body market if he just made a few improvements to his business acumen and attitude toward the customer base. His business model is, or at least used to be, "if I build it, they'll come and I can treat the customers any way I want because I have the stuff and they don't". I do hope he changed it up.

Think about this: if every time a G-body forum issue came up and you always blamed the members and came up with excuse after excuse of why things on the site weren't getting fixed, rather than showing the membership that you've got whatever the issue is by the tail and are handling it, how long do you think it would take before there were no members left? Just saying.

Not going to continue with this subject, but since you brought it up...

And I agree, FB and other platforms will end up making the forums more relevant again. I know one thing, they're relevant to me because I don't do any of the other platforms.

And I'm not missing a thing...watching the full moon crossing the range...ridin' the storm out... - Kevin Cronin, REO Speedwagon.

Dixie Restoration Depot

Greasemonkey
GBodyForum Sponsor
Oct 24, 2016
Manchester, CT

We usually check the forum weekly and look for opportunities to help out with questions regarding our products or just general G body questions. Everyone here is knowledgeable and very often the response we would have has already been posted. Posting for the sake of posting can often appear shameless, so when we post, we want to make sure that we’re adding value. With that said, for time-sensitive questions, contacting us directly will yield the fastest response.

We do our best to contribute meaningful information whenever possible and if anyone needs to message us we’re always here to help. As always, make sure you guys use the GBF5 discount code.

Rob

• Winner
  • Informative
Reactions: 13 users

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX

I agree with your FB comment. There are a few sites that are very professional on their presentation. As soon as the f..words start flying along with some stupid face masks and false teeth and music that destroys your ears, I turn it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor