found please delete

Trader history (0)

20446341 for the switch assembly. Escutcheon is 20411764. Both very expensive if you can find them new.

Reactions: 1 users
Check with 84cutlasssupreme- he sold me an absolutely beautiful power seat switch not long ago. I believe he had both types at the time, still might. Above all, he's a very honest and generous person and doing business with him is a pleasure. Here are 2 pics of the switch he sent, 20411769:

IMG_20240709_182035551.jpg IMG_20240709_182050731.jpg

Check with 84cutlasssupreme- he sold me an absolutely beautiful power seat switch not long ago. I believe he had both types at the time, still might. Above all, he's a very honest and generous person and doing business with him is a pleasure. Here are 2 pics of the switch he sent, 20411769:

View attachment 242325View attachment 242326
i sent a message. thanks for the possible lead. i cant believe how scarce these are....

Reactions: 1 user
I don't have enough of the switches on hand for the types of cars and seats that these power switches goes to in order to say this fits that or you can use this, etc. It's convoluted. Some years use different types of harnesses and switches and even matching escutcheons depending on the seat type. Some come as assemblies which have different part numbers as well. There's black ones and chrome ones, so they may fit and function with each other, just a different color.

Main thing is that the EARLY A/G bodies used component style power switch assemblies that basically could be torn down and individual pieces replaced. Around 83 or so, they went to the module" type of switch that simply popped into the back and you were done. They went to a 7 pin module and deductive reasoning says the modules SHOULD work if the pins match. But I'm not 100% on that. In 87 they went to a 3 motor design that used 8 pins, and it was more robust than the earlier gearbox garbage. All those years of farting through the seat usually breaks down the gearbox plastic. :) Motors on the gearboxes are usually pretty good and don't fail that much. It's the coupler piece made of plastic and the gearbox housing itself that crumbles away over time.

If I remember to do it, I'll pull out the switch on the 84 and see what it says on the back of the unit as far as part numbers. I'm pretty sure it's the original switch. I think I just put a new escutcheon on it. But I might have had a complete assembly as well. Whatever it is, it's in there and it works.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor