frame

Status
Not open for further replies.

85_SS

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Thanks for the kind words :)

...and I'd ask around at some welding shops to see if anyone has done a similar repair before. It was quite common at one time because these cars were so bad for rotting in the rear rails (horrible design), but not many people are bothering to repair them anymore so it may be hard to find someone to do the work.

FWIW, Conrad is about a 2-3 hour drive from the Buffalo border, and Cleveland is about 3.5hrs from Buffalo. It would make for a bit of a road trip, but may be worth it depending how bad you want to save the car. He's installed hundreds of these sets, so he really knows what he's doing.

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
What part of Ohio are you in? I might be able to hook you up with this guy I know. He is really good with welding/fabricating. He has created some beautiful roll cages. He has a full fabrication shop, I am pretty sure he sould be able to help.

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
I will try and get his number for you when I get a chance. I actually live in North Ridgeville and am going to school in Cleveland. The guy I know is an instructor their.

gpguy

Greasemonkey
Aug 17, 2008
thanks again for everybodies help great people glad i found this forum :lol: :wink:

andrewmp6

Master Mechanic
Sep 9, 2007
Any speed shop that does cages should be able to repair your frame.OR any car restorer body shops will push your car a side for faster bigger paying jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor