Front Coil Spring Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
You better go check what you did wrong before you kill yourself or someone else!!

I think we are safe, the brake caliper would never fit so I don't think the car would see the road with the rotor installed that way.....I think this set up would have impressed Red Green

Reactions: 1 user

DROLDS84

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2015
Northern Indiana
I believe so...they are identical to my other Cutlass and Hurst rotors.Might check tonight but I pulled a muscle in my neck last Friday and I'm fooking hurting...just trying to get through work...will post when I figure it out.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Isn't there a difference with bearings/rotors from 1978 to 1979 and on? Maybe he accidentaly got the early one?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Isn't there a difference with bearings/rotors from 1978 to 1979 and on? Maybe he accidentaly got the early one?

the only difference would be a smaller outer bearing in the earlier years, I'm not sure what year they made the change

DROLDS84

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2015
Northern Indiana
All parts were for an 84' Hurst...all bearings from 81' up are A6 on the inside and A3 on the outside....starting to wonder if the races in the new rotors are fully seated but rear seal fits well.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
the only difference would be a smaller outer bearing in the earlier years, I'm not sure what year they made the change
'78 is a one year only deal with bearings, rotor, spindle. '79 up all interchange but '82 up used metric studs.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

DROLDS84

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2015
Northern Indiana
Tore it down last night and it is the outer bearing,taking the rotor to parts store after work.Hopefully they have what I need to button it up...thanks for the replies.

Reactions: 1 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Punched up 78' Cutlass on Rockauto and it takes an A2 bearing...they had sizes listed and it the one.

we had a circle track car with the small outer bearing, we switched out the spindle from a "newer" G body so we wouldn't have any issues with the rotors since we had lots of rotors for the large outer bearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor