front license plate older. NEED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
I have one from an 82...I'm more familiar with the Chevy stuff so don't know if it will work?

neh7.jpg

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
It'll fit. In the pic it is shown upside down. They only made one type of plate holder for the 81-88 Gbody 2-door, and that one's it.

Biggest problem those things have is the strain they take on the bolt hole pockets when bolted up. Over time the plastic ages and cracks, usually right around the bolt holes. Some put plastic washers behind the top mounting points and/or elongating the lower bolt holes when bolting it to the bumper to help relieving a bit of the stress.

EuroCutty87

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 12, 2013
O. D. Showtime said:
I have one from an 82...I'm more familiar with the Chevy stuff so don't know if it will work?

neh7.jpg

the 4 small holes support the plate and the 2 larger ones bolt up to the bumper correct?

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
EuroCutty87 said:
O. D. Showtime said:

neh7.jpg

the 4 small holes support the plate and the 2 larger ones bolt up to the bumper correct?

Yes that is how I took it off. I remember now why it is upside down in the picture...the two pieces that stick out..(mount under the bumper) helped prop the bracket up for the picture.

x3k4.jpg

It needs a good cleaning on the backside as seen in the pic... :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor