front pads&rattle clips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy

n00b
May 10, 2015
1980 Malibu. Figured out the rattle clip for the inboard pad. For the life of me, I have no idea where the small clip goes on the outer pad. Any help will be great.
Here's a couple of pix of what I'm working with. A picture or drawing, would be great.
Sorry for the double pic. Don't know how to get rid of one.

caliper2.jpg

caliper2.jpg
pads&clips2.jpg

Last edited:

theoldsone

G-Body Guru
Dec 26, 2014
Hm i cant say. I wish i could help. Lol. Sometimes the smallest things can hang up a whole project.

mymontess

Greasemonkey
Dec 23, 2014
North York, Ontario, Canada
Not quite sure what you are referring to- the squarish piece beside the inboard anti- rattle clip? If so, I've never seen it before. Somehow you've got that mixed in from somewhere else. If you put the outer pad in place on the caliper, you will notice that the pad is loose on the caliper. Hammer the tangs at the top of the pad down toward the bottom of the pad until the pad is tight. If you bend it too much, you will never be able to fit the pad on the caliper. The trick is to bend it enough so it is a tight fit- you should have to use water pump pliers to carefully squeeze the pad on- squeeze the backing NOT the friction material. It' s a bit of a trial & error thing until you get the right fit.
Hope this helps.

Crazy

n00b
May 10, 2015
All the parts came in the same box. The small clip was in the same sealed bag as the inboard clip.
Thanks for the info. I'm headed to the shop, to try out your info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor