Front sway bar problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Here’s the problem, I installed UMI upper and lower control arms with half inch taller ball joints and Moog 5660 springs, I’m using the UMI end links. The F-41 1 1/4 inch sway bar that was on the car won’t line up. The car is in the air but I have a jack under each lower ball joint to put the suspension at ride height. Any ideas how to solve this latest PITA

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Aw cmon I may not be a mechanic, but I’m not THAT dumb LOL. I left the bushings and brackets in place on the bar when removed so I wouldn’t have any confusion. It’s riding back a little to much to line up

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I'm dumb enough to do that cause I have done that and worse....:oops:

have you checked with the guys at UMI?

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Control arms on the wrong side?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
If you mounted to the end links only where does the center of the bar end up?
Using a jack and adjusting accordingly, I got it together. With these pivoting metal bushing rod ends (which are shorter than stock) I’m lost on adjustment. Do I thread as much as I can into the end or only so far?

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Just Google "sway bar end link adjustment"; there are tons of articles and videos, whichever you prefer. The principal is the same, regardless of the car.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor