Fuel coming out of my vent tube

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
I was going back and forth between your pics and ones I took today. It makes sense now. Yes, that restrictor is in place. I have a regulator but was going to chase down a cause of high fuel pressure. I think I’ve found it now. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and experience.
Yup if you have that restrictor in place on that 5/16" side that will spike the pressure. Drill that out, put a slit or drill a hole in the top of that 1/4" like I did, and hook it all back up. See how it runs then.

Reactions: 1 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
That sh*t should be in a tech/knowledge based post. I'm sure this won't be the last time this happens to someone.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

DarrinWI

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 2, 2022
Madison, WI
Yup if you have that restrictor in place on that 5/16" side that will spike the pressure. Drill that out, put a slit or drill a hole in the top of that 1/4" like I did, and hook it all back up. See how it runs then.
I was so excited to get this going I go up at 5 this morning and dropped the tank in my driveway. All complete and running great, 58 psi of fuel pressure with engine running and vacuum line from the regulator removed. Again, thank you so much. I know you saved me a lot of headache.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
I was so excited to get this going I go up at 5 this morning and dropped the tank in my driveway. All complete and running great, 58 psi of fuel pressure with engine running and vacuum line from the regulator removed. Again, thank you so much. I know you saved me a lot of headache.
58psi is on point, what vac line did you remove?

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
That sh*t should be in a tech/knowledge based post. I'm sure this won't be the last time this happens to someone.
I read about it some point in 2010, but yea it was like 2 sentences not picture detailed like I did.

I do have it posted in my build thread here..

Which is in this post here..

But yea, could probably make a post with it.

Reactions: 1 user

DarrinWI

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 2, 2022
Madison, WI
I read about it some point in 2010, but yea it was like 2 sentences not picture detailed like I did.

I do have it posted in my build thread here..

Which is in this post here..

But yea, could probably make a post with it.
I referenced your build thread a lot when planning and executing. Somehow I missed the whole sender thing so I really appreciate you sharing again.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
No problem.
The one on the regulator on the manifold. And drove around a bunch today and no fuel coming out of the vent tube. I didn’t have anything to make a slot so I drilled an 1/8” hole.
I'd hook it back up.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor