Fuel Filter Nut...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAYO

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 21, 2009
Damn it this thing is stripped to hell and back.... what do I do here? Tried everything I could to get it off and still nothing.... Whats the next step? :wtf:

1985 buick regal limited

art

Greasemonkey
Apr 24, 2009
Absecon, New Jersey
On a carb? It is IIRC a 1"-24 thread (on the carb body side) which you can get a helicoil for once you get it apart. If I am understanding you, it won't come out of the main body? Hmm. A gentle pull while threading out isn't working? Or is the nut/hex rounded? That you just visegrip out unfortunately. Sounds like someone may have skipped/lost the nylon gasket and just blamoed it in if that's the case.

JAYO

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 21, 2009
art said:
On a carb? Or is the nut/hex rounded? That you just visegrip out unfortunately. Sounds like someone may have skipped/lost the nylon gasket and just blamoed it in if that's the case.

Yes, the hard line that goes into the carb that houses the fuel filter... The HEX nut that you remove to pull the filter is destroyed... Stripped, stuck, whatever... I tried Vise grips, penetrating spray, you name it.. The main bolt/holder and threads look fine, just can't remove this damn nut!

Worse comes to worse I bought a new hard fuel line and I'll just cut the damn thing off and replace it. :blam:

JAYO

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 21, 2009
Okay, had to break the fuel line to get it off...... Now my question is, I want to remove the stupid stock filter and run an inline glass one. Can I run rubber fuel lines from where I cut it, into the glass filter, out to the inlet on the stock carb? I hate to have to rebend hard lines if I dont have too.

Thanks,
J

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
JAYO said:
Okay, had to break the fuel line to get it off...... Now my question is, I want to remove the stupid stock filter and run an inline glass one. Can I run rubber fuel lines from where I cut it, into the glass filter, out to the inlet on the stock carb? I hate to have to rebend hard lines if I dont have too.

Thanks,
J

Yeah, I did that for a very short period of time. Then I got a new carb and reran my lines for my electric fuel pump. You can also order new hard lines for cheap from classictube.com.

JAYO

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 21, 2009
Qdub24 said:
Yeah, I did that for a very short period of time. Then I got a new carb and reran my lines for my electric fuel pump. You can also order new hard lines for cheap from classictube.com.

Thanks Man! Yeah it wont be ran like that long, just temp until the new motor gets done. It's got the stock V6 for now and just wanted to be sure it was cool for running back and fourth to work until then.

Man I noticed this part of the forum doesnt get a whole lot of love for some reason.... It's like zero traffic in the Regal section. :wtf:

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
JAYO said:
Man I noticed this part of the forum doesnt get a whole lot of love for some reason.... It's like zero traffic in the Regal section. :wtf:

that's because the average joe knows these things are headaches, and don't have enough love for them to suffer said headaches! in other words, we're a special breed, and the others aren't worthy! :mrgreen: :rofl:

Attachments

• topScuff.JPG
    topScuff.JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 168
  • topCrease.JPG
    topCrease.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 164

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Glass filter and rubber lines are a fire hazard. I would just replace the hard line with a new one.

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
1evilregal said:
JAYO said:

that's because the average joe knows these things are headaches, and don't have enough love for them to suffer said headaches! in other words, we're a special breed, and the others aren't worthy! :mrgreen: :rofl:

I love hard top Regals, I just couldn't find one when I was looking to get one. They've got bigger wheel wells than a Cutlass, so I think my wheels would fit better on a Regal. I'd trade my other Cutlass for a hardtop Regal.

Bonnewagon said:
Glass filter and rubber lines are a fire hazard. I would just replace the hard line with a new one.

Anything involving gasoline is a fire hazard. I didn't have any problems when I did it, but it was only like that for about 2 weeks.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Yeah, but the problem is that you tend to forget about the quick fix, time passes, and one day.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor