Fuel Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

D's350GP

Apprentice
Aug 14, 2006
Im having a problem with my truck, it seems that something will periodically clog the fuel line/tank and stall the engine. Ive cleaned the tank out, and changed the fuel pump but im having the same type of problem. Ive been told that its because there isnt a "relief" in the gas tank, so no air replaces the fuel being sucked out and the carb can only generate so much suction before it starves. Has anybody had to deal with anything like this?? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

srercrcr

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2006
San Antonio, Texas
That's a good theory. I guess those engineers who designed it are real dummies for not coming up with a solution.
If it's an OLD truck it would have a vented cap, spewing fuel vapors into the air. If made during the emissions years, there's probably a vapor line running to the cannister that allows vapors to move about freely. Otherwise, my 2000 Explorer would give one hell of a SWISH when I remove the fuel cap.

frtend

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 31, 2006
Indiana
If it has a charcoal canister,the can or the hose may be clogged. Also,if you regularly overfill your fuel tank,the can and hose may be filled with fuel. If it's old enough to not have a can(cap vented),and the vented cap was replaced with a new aftermarket one,good chance the new one is not vented.Might help a great deal to have more specific info!

thebaron

Apprentice
Jul 11, 2006
I just had to replace the tank (had a patch which started to leak again) and a rusted away fuel line yesterday! I plan to replace the filter material in the canister, since it is 22 years old! A show near Pittsburgh specializes in Turbo Regals/GN and he was very helpful in getting me a used tank and a few other misc parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor