Fuel line Issues?

rogus

Master Mechanic
Mar 14, 2020
I'm working on getting a new engine sbc 355 running. I heard the engine run before I bought it and it was good. I put my holley 4160 4bbl on it ran a new fuel line. Dbl checked for tdc and all spark plug wires are good and connected correctly. When I go to start it it runs erratically -ok for a couple second - then it will slow down and die. If I restart it and try to keep it running using the gas pedal it will still do the same thing except it will backfire through the carb before it dies.

Can this be caused by to many bends in a fuel line or a fuel filter issue? When I say bends I mean 90 degree bends using preformed -6an fittings not accidental kinks in a metal line per se.

Was the 4160 put into service as is or did you make adjustments to it? There might be a need to tune it to the motor instead of looking at the fuel lines.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor