Battery relocation and fuel lines.

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
Make sure the charging system won't keep the car running if the switch it turned off at the bumper.

403Olds

G-Body Guru
May 31, 2014
South Central Ohio
Thanks Ill look into this a little more. I have 1/0 I'm running from the battery to a junction on the fire wall and 2AWG from the battery direct to the charging system. My run is about 10 feet. Do you have a pic of your solenoid wired up by chance? How far u from the battery or back from the key switch and what size fuse did you use? Thanks
Here's how I mounted it. As other's stated, you will need a 4 post disconnect switch to cut the alternator power along with the battery power. The solenoid wire is already fused, I did put a fuse on the alternator wire. This way there's a minimal risk of any issues.

Attachments

• trunk new setup.jpg
    trunk new setup.jpg
    427.1 KB · Views: 30

ooquadracer

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 29, 2023
Here's how I mounted it. As other's stated, you will need a 4 post disconnect switch to cut the alternator power along with the battery power. The solenoid wire is already fused, I did put a fuse on the alternator wire. This way there's a minimal risk of any issues.
Yes I have a switch, I also have in line mega fuses on both the 1/0 and the 2awg wires. Do you run an exstended handle off you switch through a tail light to make your switch legal in that location?

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
I just ran the alternator wire to the battery side of the on/off switch and that way when the switch was off there was no power to the front of the car.

403Olds

G-Body Guru
May 31, 2014
South Central Ohio
Yes I have a switch, I also have in line mega fuses on both the 1/0 and the 2awg wires. Do you run an exstended handle off you switch through a tail light to make your switch legal in that location?

yes, I lined up the switch with the hole for the upper tail light. I've not cut a hole in the tail light for the handle, but it's ready if I'm ever ready.

ooquadracer

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 29, 2023
yes, I lined up the switch with the hole for the upper tail light. I've not cut a hole in the tail light for the handle, but it's ready if I'm ever ready.
Good thinking.. Mines on public display and I don't really care for that but I don't think too many will mess with it on the street

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor