Fuel Lines/ Sending Unit/ Fuel Pump Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

tngbody

Greasemonkey
Sep 17, 2019
I have been working on restoring this 83 MC. I recently removed the fuel and to clean and paint it. The fuel sending unit has to metal lines coming out of in and the tank itself also has a copper 90 degree fitting in it, i think this is the fuel return connection. The hose that was connected to this runs along the driveside frame rail but it is capped off about midway under the door. Should this be connected to something or can I just leave it alone? The sending unit has a feed line and the other line basically has a short rubber hose on it with like a piece of clothe over the end of it. What would this be and should I do something about it? The car has an external fuel pump mounted on the frame rail on the passenger side of the car. Someone told me that it is a Holley Blue fuel pump. There is a combination of rubber and metal hoses that run to the fuel tank and the same headed up front to the fuel regulator. I was considering removing all of the metal lines and just running rubber hoses for everything because the metal lines look rusty on the outside. Any thoughts or info would be greatly appreicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor