Fuel sending unit for 78 Cutlass Cruiser Wagon (cannot find!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epj1989

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 12, 2019
Austin TX
Does anybody know where I can purchase a fuel sending unit for my 78 Olds Cutlass Cruiser wagon? The sending units for the cutlass sedans/coupes are availabe but I am not having any luck finding one for a wagon. Any help would be greatly appreciated! (In Austin, TX - Eric (78 olds cutlass cruiser/ '69 olds 350 rocket)

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Hey Eric,
How about a brief introduction and tell us about your ride.. pics are always welcome..

Last edited:

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
I have a factory take out in good shape from a 80 century wagon when I put an efi sender in. Shot me a PM if your interested.

Epj1989

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 12, 2019
Austin TX
I have a factory take out in good shape from a 80 century wagon when I put an efi sender in. Shot me a PM if your interested.
Hell yeah I'm interested! I know of only (2) places in TX that "might" have one. The cars at both places have sat for many years in the yard, therefore may be no good, assuming the sending units are still in the tanks (or if the tanks are still present for that matter). How much for yours?

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Hell yeah I'm interested! I know of only (2) places in TX that "might" have one. The cars at both places have sat for many years in the yard, therefore may be no good, assuming the sending units are still in the tanks (or if the tanks are still present for that matter). How much for yours?

$40 shipped sound good?
1559704756178.png

Reactions: 1 user

Epj1989

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 12, 2019
Austin TX
Hey Eric,
How about a brief introduction and tell us about your ride.. pics are always welcome..
It's a 78 Olds Cutlass Cruiser that I purchased in San Antonio TX. Right off the bat I installed an 84 header panel (I've always preferred the '81-'87 header panel over the '78-'80's). An original 231 (3.8) Buick V6/200 trans car. Performance was rather dismal. Would stall at lights (or around slowed corners), and the 200 trans just felt like it wanted to let go. It was depressing just driving the damn thing. Long story short, I yanked that crap out and dropped in an early olds 350 rocket/350 trans that was pulled from a '69 Cutlass. New timing chain, new HEI ignition, edlebrock carb, new water pump, radiator, fuel pump, alternator, starter, true dual exhaust with flow masters, monte carlo ss front springs, 72 pontiac (??) Rear springs, new schocks all around, new brake pads, calipers, chrome 14" olds rallye wheels with new 235/60/14 cooper cobra tires, new upper control arms...... (just, a whole bunch of new this and that. Have put so much into this thing). Latest update is a 120mph gauge cluster that was pulled from a junked 87 cutlass 442. From there I aimed to address the gas gauge issue (hence the current sending unit dillima). After that, I'd like to install the over drive trans from the 442 parts car, look for a posi rear end, fix headliner, and then after all that, throw some fresh paint on it (the same copper orange-ish color. Every one loves that color!).

Epj1989

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 12, 2019
Austin TX
Hey Eric,
$40 shipped sound good?
View attachment 115188
Good mornin'. So, how would I go about making the purchase? I rarely ever buy online. Once in a blue moon on rock auto. A credit card I'massuming. I definitely want that sending unit. Saves me from driving 3 hrs out the way just to see if them old wagons even have tanks left in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor