Fuel tank with the best baffle/pan for EFI

Status
Not open for further replies.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Basically a wick that draws fuel to the pump and acts as the pickup inside the tank. Holley sells it. You can buy various sizes, or you can buy the pumps for our G bodies with the hydramat already on it.

Holy Jesus, Mary and Joseph - $300+ for a pump and pickup makes me feel better about welding in a sump. Especially for a 255lph pump. I'm sure it works for many, many builds, but a 255 is going to be done way before 600 crank HP on an NA build. But Holley does make it as a plug-n-play setup, which is probably the market they are chasing after.

To each his own I guess.

EDIT : just noticed that the OP appears to be long gone, unfortunately :(

Reactions: 1 user

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Holy Jesus, Mary and Joseph - $300+ for a pump and pickup makes me feel better about welding in a sump. Especially for a 255lph pump. I'm sure it works for many, many builds, but a 255 is going to be done way before 600 crank HP on an NA build. But Holley does make it as a plug-n-play setup, which is probably the market they are chasing after.

To each his own I guess.

That pump setup was never intended to be for more than 600hp. Even though it may seem common now, it still really isnt. The interwebs just make it seem like everyone is rocking a 1000hp daily... most are lucky if they have 500hp na in their weekend car.

Reactions: 1 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Get a carb (flat bottom) tank, GN sender, and a Hydramat. Just my personal opinion and the way I will be doing my next one.

I've not seen one that snaps to a normal pump, were you suggesting that or getting all fancy with the AN stuff?

Alex41

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 12, 2013
Hendersonville TN

To each his own I guess.

I'm still here, listening and learning...lol. If you're referring to my avitar, she's been sold years ago and is one of my biggest regrets.

Cuse99

Master Mechanic
Dec 21, 2020
Basically a wick that draws fuel to the pump and acts as the pickup inside the tank. Holley sells it. You can buy various sizes, or you can buy the pumps for our G bodies with the hydramat already on it.

Do we know anyone using one of these to see if they are what they say they are?

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
I’ve been using the spectra tank with the sump for years and have never had an issue. The hydramat is a nice product but in my opinion may be extra cost that is not needed unless you plan on building an autocross specific car. If you’re looking for the absolute best option then go with Hydromat. Is it required? No

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Do we know anyone using one of these to see if they are what they say they are?
I have one, but haven't installed it yet. Should be done by the end of May with my LS swap and I'll let you know.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
There is a cheaper solution. Make sure your gas gauge works, and never get below half a tank of gas.

Reactions: 1 users

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
There is a cheaper solution. Make sure your gas gauge works, and never get below half a tank of gas.
Why anyone who actually wants to enjoy putting miles on their ride would opt to live w/this logic as a "solution" is baffling.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor