Full lenght headers are finally in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbodyfever

Greasemonkey
Jun 19, 2007
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
they put up a nasty fight but i got the bastards in , i really liek they way they look and they still give tons of ground clearence compared to the 2 inches on the scamp and the nova had 4 inches of clearence, this is like 10 atleast haha.i had to take out the starter/oil dispstick on the pass side and it slid in no problem but for me the driver side wasent so nice i had to take the oilfilter off and undo the transmission from the crossmember and jack it up a few inches and the barly squeezed in, but ther ein and im happy.

Dont mind the oily mess uptop, new intake/carb and covers are all next

DSCF1162.jpg

DSCF1165.jpg

DSCF1167.jpg

DSCF1166.jpg

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
shweeeet!

KrisW

G-Body Guru
Oct 24, 2007
Lakeland, FL
Long tubes are definitely the best way to go. Nice job!

v8power

G-Body Guru
Aug 24, 2007
green bay WI
what size are they? i am having a hard time finding a reasonably priced set of 1 3/4 in headers for g body.

gbodyfever

Greasemonkey
Jun 19, 2007
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
11104FLT
Standard Headers
78–87 Chevelle/Monte Carlo/Olds Cutlass&442/Pontiac Grand Prix/LeMans: 283–400, Tube Size 1.625", Collector Size 3", Black High Temp Paint

they only cost me $125 at a local shop i go to, and then 35 a peice for purple hornies, shes gunna be loud. :shock:

gbodyfever

Greasemonkey
Jun 19, 2007
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
does anyone know of good header gaskets to buy? the ones supplied are obviously crap and are leaking on me, i was thinking Fel-pro but dont know?
also what the avergae cost to get these ceramic coated?

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
jet-hot coating is about $300 i believe, but they have a great warranty and guarantee. it's also very tough, i've already tested that on mine. :oops:
i'm using the earls pressure masters. http://store.summitracing.com/partd...886211+4294908216+4294840140+115&autoview=sku they are working great so far. i went back and double checked the bolt torque and it was still good. before these gaskets i had to tighten them every week. you just replace the inserts if they go bad and keep the retainers.

gbodyfever

Greasemonkey
Jun 19, 2007
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
thanks ill look into those, also does anyone have any expericence with purple hornies?
i decided to go with these just till i save up for a full exhasut. i know threre loud as hell but are they wakeup the neibors at 6 in the morning loud?lol
and do they have a really annoying interior resonance?(sp)

Tony_SS

Royal Smart Person
Oct 14, 2006
Missouri
I have those same headers on the Malibu - the fit is great for a cheap header!

Any copper gasket will work well to stop leaks. Also use some loc-tite on the bolts or get some of those breslin locking bolts.

How did you get in there to tighten the bolts? Some of them can be a PITA! I'm looking into getting a set of really long open end wrenches for leverage-that should help.

FYI - yes the hornies will be loud as hell inside and out.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
i actually had to buy a 3/8 shorty wrench just for the p/s rear bolt. IIRC the copper gaskets require constant retorquing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor