Funny Car Related meme's

Plenty of meat left on them babbits!

You sound like someone who's never mixed bearings to make a motor out of garbage before. . .
I've done some sketchy sh*t like that and some how the car ran..🤣

I've done some sketchy sh*t like that and some how the car ran..🤣

I did it with a 5.0 $50 "builder" shortblock. Dude I got it from was convinced it needed to go to the machine shop. Had lost a piston on spray, but the cylinder walls were unscathed. He hands me 2 pistons/rods, and a block with the other 7 still in it. I had a box full of rings and bearings from an Explorer motor that got rust in the cylinders, so I just mixed and matched crap until I had a motor. Ran great, had good oil pressure, and didn't burn oil.

I was a pounding on a Pontiac 400 and I spun a rod bearing. Old oil, my bad. And it is dead of winter, I need it for work, and I am poor. I had an old parts 400. I borrowed a hoist and pulled my 400 out. I took the piston and rod out and the rod was buggered by the spun bearing but the crank looked OK. I pulled a piston/rod from the parts motor and the rod part numbers were the same- so - same weight. I pressed the bad rod out of the piston and replaced it with a rod from the spare. I cleaned it up real good, used the same rings, just a new rod bearing, and put it back together. That motor ran great for many years. Yeah, I may be an idiot, but even I won't use bad bearings.:mrgreen:

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor